Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sending passports

sending passports

Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:28 pm
johnnybrockie

johnnybrockie will become famous soon enoughjohnnybrockie will become famous soon enough
Default sending passports

hi all another silly question but when u have to send your passports for ur visa to be put on for a permenant residant visa can i send it to london or has it got to go to Oz? and how long does it take?
answers on a postcards please,
only kidding a reply on ere will do thanks
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

taylors244 will become famous soon enoughtaylors244 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: sending passports

Originally Posted by johnnybrockie
hi all another silly question but when u have to send your passports for ur visa to be put on for a permenant residant visa can i send it to london or has it got to go to Oz? and how long does it take?
they are sent to london and will be returned within a week.
we know this as we had the letter TODAY!!!!!!!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:34 pm
johnnybrockie

johnnybrockie will become famous soon enoughjohnnybrockie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by taylors244
they are sent to london and will be returned within a week.
we know this as we had the letter TODAY!!!!!!!
hey congratulations !!!!!!!!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:25 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnnybrockie
From Brum also
You only send it to London if thats what you stated on your visa application as place of evidencing.
They have to be sent special delivery and you have to enclose a special delivery envelope for their return.
We sent ours today too!!
Carole
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
From Brum also
You only send it to London if thats what you stated on your visa application as place of evidencing.
They have to be sent special delivery and you have to enclose a special delivery envelope for their return.
We sent ours today too!!
Carole

ahh s**t i didn't enclose a special delivery envalope for its return. Its been nearly 2 weeks now. Wondered why it was taking so long.
What will happen.?
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:14 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Originally Posted by leedslad
ahh s**t i didn't enclose a special delivery envalope for its return. Its been nearly 2 weeks now. Wondered why it was taking so long.
What will happen.?
I suppose the best thing to do would be to get in touch with Australia House, Visa Evidencing dept.
They do tell you to enclose a prepaid return special delivery envelope.
Hope you can sort it out
Carole
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
I suppose the best thing to do would be to get in touch with Australia House, Visa Evidencing dept.
They do tell you to enclose a prepaid return special delivery envelope.
Hope you can sort it out
Carole
I've just read through the e-mail confirmation and its right there. I was in such a rush to get it sent off. What an idiot!!!!!!

I'm ringing them first thing tomorrow.