Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sending Meds & Police checks

Sending Meds & Police checks

Old May 17th 2004, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sending Meds & Police checks

We are going for our medicals in a couple of weeks (unrequested - due to Nov 2003 apps being started, we are early Jan 2004), we have been told by the doc's that under no circumstances do they give you the medicals to hold onto anymore.

So our questions are:

1) Do we ask the doc's to hold onto them until we say send?

2) Do we send them to ASPC in advance? - we have got a file number

3) Can we ask doc's to send our police checks at the same time so as to keep everything together?

All and any comments welcome

Cheers
Paul & Shar
Old May 17th 2004, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

On your medical forms at the back it asks you for the address to send to and the file reference number. Just fill it in for Adelaide (full address) and your file number and it is OK for the docs to send. Just make sure they use a reputable courier (it's worth paying extra not to use Royal Mail).
Old May 17th 2004, 9:46 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sending Meds & Police checks

Originally posted by Paul & Shar
We are going for our medicals in a couple of weeks (unrequested - due to Nov 2003 apps being started, we are early Jan 2004), we have been told by the doc's that under no circumstances do they give you the medicals to hold onto anymore.

So our questions are:

1) Do we ask the doc's to hold onto them until we say send?

2) Do we send them to ASPC in advance? - we have got a file number

3) Can we ask doc's to send our police checks at the same time so as to keep everything together?

All and any comments welcome

Cheers
Paul & Shar
Hi There Paul and Shar

If you are wanting to do your meds and pc unrequested my advice to you would be to do PC's first as they take the longest time, once you have received these back, book in to have your meds done, once they are done get the doc to send them and the pcs off asap, it is my experience that docs do not like to hold onto meds, and DIMIA like to have everything delivered together.

We did our meds and PC unrequested and although they received it and all is going through well, they made it known that they were not too happy about us doing so.

Good luck in what you decide to do.

Best wishes

Pete n lisa