Sending food

Old Nov 30th 2003, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Sending food

Right I am getting to the stage now where I need to start stocking up on my tea bags, Marmite etc that you have told me are so hard to get in Oz. The question is how do I ship them out there? Can I pack them and send them in the container or do they have to go in my plane luggage?

It is going to take a lot of tea bags to calm me down when arrive so I will need mammoth supplies!!
Old Nov 30th 2003, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Tina
Are you allowed to take food items with you? On our last visit they wanted us to declare if we had any. If so, I shall start stocking up!

Debs
Old Nov 30th 2003, 6:01 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

I never took any food with me, customs are funny about you bringing food in. I certainly had no problem finding that type of food in Perth, the supermarkets there even stock some Tesco's own brand of stuff! It will cost you a bit more, but its worth it not carrying it in luggage.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sending food

Originally posted by tinaj
Right I am getting to the stage now where I need to start stocking up on my tea bags, Marmite etc that you have told me are so hard to get in Oz. The question is how do I ship them out there? Can I pack them and send them in the container or do they have to go in my plane luggage?

It is going to take a lot of tea bags to calm me down when arrive so I will need mammoth supplies!!

Oh dear, you eat Marmite?
Sorry girl, you've gone down in my estimation

Lady Tazzy
Old Nov 30th 2003, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

phillip knapp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj

When we was over in June we took a new jar of marmite, our son wanted some on the stop over. They would not let us bring it in as seal was broken.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 6:55 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi phillip knapp,

I had my bos of teabags searched in the USA bacause I had broken the seal.
Next time I'll just take 2 box's and crush them.

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 30th 2003, 7:38 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

about 10 years ago when i was in oz i hooked up with a couple of lads who had a combi van (oh HAPPY days!!!) and we travelled from sydney to adelaide in it - but when we got to the border (a big gate in the middle of nowhere) we had to dump all the food we had with us!!! the two blokes who were on duty just tutted and rolled their eyes muttering something insulting about backpackers and didnt we know we werent allowed to bring food across states!
dont know how relevant that is to this particular thread, but it brought back some very happy memories!!!!

Sue
Old Nov 30th 2003, 8:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You can bring in stuff like teabags as long as they are sealed and you declare them. No meat or milk products or anything like that, and nothing thats been opened.

Tina, I'm not a tea drinker, but I've noticed they are advertising Tetleys on TV here.......!! seems very strange seeing the little Tetley men - gives me one of those moments when I'm not sure where I am!!
Old Nov 30th 2003, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Pollyana's right...need to declare all food items

we took loads of mini boxes of raisins for Oliver on our last trip as he loved them and they were fine letting them in as we declared them....they weren't very sealed though!
Old Nov 30th 2003, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

No meat products, so no marmite? It makes me heave but my daughter loves it more than chocolate...will vegemite do???
Old Nov 30th 2003, 8:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno about Marmite, but if the jars are sealed you're probably OK. I prefer vegemite luckily! They're more worried about actual meat - there was a guy in the "red" queue with me who had actual joints of meat with him - don't think they let them in. Also a guy in front of me opened his suitcase and it was FULL of pizza! I kid you not, the Customs Officer had this incredulous look on her face as she unpacked all this uncooked pizza! bet they had a party there that night!!!
Old Nov 30th 2003, 8:36 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcmercer
No meat products, so no marmite? It makes me heave but my daughter loves it more than chocolate...will vegemite do???
It depends on the level of processing and the risk to the farm population. A steak is a no no but I wonder what they would think of Marmite?

If I had my way vegemite, marmite and bovril would be banned. Mrs BP gets no kisses if she has been eating that stuff.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I can tell you lot are not Marmite fans, there are no meat extracts in it, it is made of yeast!

So if I stash a few in my hand luggage I should be okay. I just hope the jar doesn't break:scared:
Old Nov 30th 2003, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
about 10 years ago when i was in oz i hooked up with a couple of lads who had a combi van (oh HAPPY days!!!) and we travelled from sydney to adelaide in it - but when we got to the border (a big gate in the middle of nowhere) we had to dump all the food we had with us!!! the two blokes who were on duty just tutted and rolled their eyes muttering something insulting about backpackers and didnt we know we werent allowed to bring food across states!
dont know how relevant that is to this particular thread, but it brought back some very happy memories!!!!

Sue
We must have been stopped at the same checkpoint. After passing our sole bag of muesli out of the window for them to dump (it was a nice one with nut clusters and everything!) they decided they wanted to give us some explanatory leaflets. They riffled through a pack of forms and asked us where we came from. We said Scotland. She stopped cold ... riffled some more and asked "What language do you speak there, so I can give you the right leaflet." "Scottish I replied."

Much riffling ensued.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bondipom
It depends on the level of processing and the risk to the farm population. A steak is a no no but I wonder what they would think of Marmite?

If I had my way vegemite, marmite and bovril would be banned. Mrs BP gets no kisses if she has been eating that stuff.
I want to know if it's true that it was a lucrative use for the goo left over in the bottom of drained beer making vats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.