Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling a QLD car in NSW

Selling a QLD car in NSW

Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:52 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Selling a QLD car in NSW

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me. I have a van that is registered in QLD and has QLD plates. But i now live in NSW. Its an old van but i dont want to change it over to NSW as its more money. The van is 25 years old. Runs good but its just not worth changing it over. So i was looking to sell it to Backpackers or something. What are the steps? Had a look at the QLD motoring website but still unsure. Anyone on here done it and can help? Thanks.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 6:30 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a QLD car in NSW

Anyone?
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:19 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Hope someone can shed some light on this for me. I have a van that is registered in QLD and has QLD plates. But i now live in NSW. Its an old van but i dont want to change it over to NSW as its more money. The van is 25 years old. Runs good but its just not worth changing it over. So i was looking to sell it to Backpackers or something. What are the steps? Had a look at the QLD motoring website but still unsure. Anyone on here done it and can help? Thanks.
At the very least, you'll need to obtain a safety certificate before you can even offer it for sale - that's common to both Qld and NSW.

The new buyer wouldn't be able to register the vehicle with Queensland Transport as you can only do that with a Qld address, so they'd have to re-register it in their home state - as you say, this can be costly so you may have difficulty selling it unless it was re-registered.

We sold our Qld registered car when we bought a new car here in NSW - but we traded it in, so didn't need a safety certificate and the car dealer sorted out all their re-registration - I just had to send the notice of disposal to Qld Transport.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Backpackers have been known to use the address of the seller when buying. Don't know what would happen to the seller if the backpacker's ran up traffic infringements and the traffic authority turned up looking for them.