Reload this Page >

Selling a Personal Import

Selling a Personal Import

Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

ams11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Selling a Personal Import

Hi all,

Just wanted some info about selling a personally imported (UK to Perth) car. Its a BMW 318Ci, I have already been to BMW in Burswood who have told me that they can't buy personal imports and basically werent very helpful, wondering if anyone on here has any advice on selling a personal import? Who to advertise with? If there are any dealers in Perth that would buy a personal import....etc etc

Thanks in advance!

A
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:29 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice
Default Re: Selling a Personal Import

Originally Posted by ams11
Hi all,

Just wanted some info about selling a personally imported (UK to Perth) car. Its a BMW 318Ci, I have already been to BMW in Burswood who have told me that they can't buy personal imports and basically werent very helpful, wondering if anyone on here has any advice on selling a personal import? Who to advertise with? If there are any dealers in Perth that would buy a personal import....etc etc

Thanks in advance!

A
The BMW 318Ci was not officially available in Australia. As you are no doubt aware the Aussies have a love affair with large engined cars and yours will not have the wide appeal as it would in the UK. It may be worth selling privately, but the price will have to be low. How long have you had it? We were going to import our two cars - a Toyota MR2 and a Honda Accord Coupe. I did some research and found that there not many MR2's in Australia, and the Accord Coupe was never available, so we knew that we would have trouble selling in the future.