Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

selling houses in WA

selling houses in WA

Old Jun 27th 2010, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default selling houses in WA

hey can anyone give me an idiots, step by step guide to costs, stamp duties etc etc involved in selling a house in WA???? please
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:22 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: selling houses in WA

Originally Posted by daunted
hey can anyone give me an idiots, step by step guide to costs, stamp duties etc etc involved in selling a house in WA???? please
You selling yours???

Do tell, or I shall tickle you until you give in and spill the beans.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
You selling yours???

Do tell, or I shall tickle you until you give in and spill the beans.
possibly PP, but not just yet. Just looking at all avenues first regarding renting it out and selling. The lure of the East is calling me Not sure if its just my current state of mind - been feeling a bit down - or whether I should just start over. Am doing a course which will lead me to new career path and cant help but think there could be greater opportunities over yonder. Add to the equation that R really could do with being over yonder for her career and M plans to go to ADFA and then enlist fulltime. Having left one child behind in UK I cant face living opposite side of the country to where my other kids are!!

Last edited by daunted; Jun 27th 2010 at 1:15 pm. Reason: more
Old Jun 28th 2010, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Bob Tonnor will become famous soon enoughBob Tonnor will become famous soon enough

Hi there

This may help, http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/consumerp...ling/index.htm

Bob
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

floss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant future

I can personally recommend Digby Shepherd at Everyone's Realty. He's a lovely man. Basically, he'll do all the work for you. I've been following your thread (being from Bunbury, I couldn't help it. Sorry, not a stalker, I promise!!) Expect to pay around $15k in commission. Ring him. Tell him his friends from Dubai told you to ring. Sorry, more info: As the seller, you don't pay the stamp duty. There will be conveyancing fees. I can't remember what ours were around $400??? Maybe $800?? Sorry for being so vague on that point.

Last edited by floss in dubai; Jun 28th 2010 at 7:13 am.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

$15K

Keeping it as an investment seems like a good idea right now.

Thanks for the links and info guys - will read through it and keep it in mind should i win the lotto tomorrow night
Old Jul 1st 2010, 12:56 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

No stamp duty to seller. Only legal fees and the dreaded Agents commission.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 2:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

$15K
Yeah, and you'll find they'll want you to pay for the advertising on top.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

floss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth
Yeah, and you'll find they'll want you to pay for the advertising on top.
I have never paid for advertising. We have a house on the market at the moment and all advertising is included, just as it was when we sold a block of land a few years ago.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floss in dubai
I have never paid for advertising. We have a house on the market at the moment and all advertising is included, just as it was when we sold a block of land a few years ago.
Wait 'till you get here then... most agents want you to pay for advertising on top.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Wait 'till you get here then... most agents want you to pay for advertising on top.
This was when I was in Australia. And the house I have on the market is in Australia.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:31 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by floss in dubai
This was when I was in Australia. And the house I have on the market is in Australia.
Fair enough, I've not sold a house in Australia but I've heard a lot of agents want the advertising on top of their cut. Personally, if I ever need to get an agent and they asked me to pay for advertising on top I'd tell them to **** off!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

Fair enough, I've not sold a house in Australia but I've heard a lot of agents want the advertising on top of their cut. Personally, if I ever need to get an agent and they asked me to pay for advertising on top I'd tell them to **** off!
That's the way.

Hence the recommendation of Digby Sheperd.