selling house

Old Aug 3rd 2003, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

waterloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default selling house

Just about to put our house on the market but unsure whether to tell the estate agent and viewers of our plans to emigrate - especially after hearing horror stories of buyers putting in lower offers at the last minute. Maybe we are just being paranoid?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Andy

Off to Perth as soon as we sell this house!
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The positive for the buyer is there will be no chain and hopefully you will be quite keen for it to go through quickly.

We have told our agent, haven't had any offers yet so I can't comment on the money situation.
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default selling house

If it helps we didn't say anything unless specifically asked by agent or buyer. Then all we told them was we were going into rented accomodation and there will be no chain.

Took seven months but we're moving out on the 29th August.

Jo
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

alextoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: selling house

Originally posted by waterloo
Just about to put our house on the market but unsure whether to tell the estate agent and viewers of our plans to emigrate - especially after hearing horror stories of buyers putting in lower offers at the last minute. Maybe we are just being paranoid?

Andy

Hi

Our house goes on the market on tuesday and we are going to tell any prospective purchasers that we are emigrating so they will know that we have no chain.

However we are also going to tell them that we will be moving in with the mother-in-law for a few weeks after the house is sold so that they hopefully won't be tempted to try any dirty tricks thinking that we have a deadline.

All the best

Alex
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 9:54 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by alextoo
Hi

Our house goes on the market on tuesday and we are going to tell any prospective purchasers that we are emigrating so they will know that we have no chain.

However we are also going to tell them that we will be moving in with the mother-in-law for a few weeks after the house is sold so that they hopefully won't be tempted to try any dirty tricks thinking that we have a deadline.

All the best

Alex
Thats exactly what we did Alex, informed everyone we were emigrating[no chain], then told them we would be waiting another 6 months minimum for visas and were going into rental accomodation as soon as we'd sold.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Ours goes on the market later today, we are doing the same as Cresta saying we are going to live with the mother in law but do not intend to leave until Feb 04 so we don't appear desperate.
Old Aug 4th 2003, 12:35 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I would not recomend it the buyer of my husbands house (which initially we were selling as we had married and were moving into my house) tried to drop the price dragged his heels thought we were migrating on a certain date that we had pushed for completion.

We were only pushing for completion as he had dragged it out for soo long and felt he was making no commitment. Even his solicitor was telling ours that we were emmigrating on this date. It was very amusing as we had not even had the visa granted at this stage.

For my house we have simply said no chain. They do not need to know the reasons why gives them the opportunity to think you are desperate.

I hope no one gets a buyer like the one for my hubbys house. So far so good with my house. Just need the exchange then can hand in my notice

Jo
Old Aug 4th 2003, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To TELL OR NOT!!!

Hi
We have our house on the market and we felt it best to say no onward chain as most people liked that.
We have had offer on house and no it was not lower than asking price as we stated we had priced for a quick reasonable sale and therefore we had a budget and would not accept lower than the asking price which was a fair price.
We have been asked if we have a date to go by but we just say we are not in a hurry as Visa has been granted.(Little do they know hubby has to be entered by Feb!!).
So keep chin up all we work out in the end.
BE LAID BACK, COOL,CALM LIKE A AUSSIE!!!!!!!!
OF TO PERTH ONCE WE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 4th 2003, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by waterloo

Andy

I work for an estate agent (secretary) and overheard one of my colleagues being told by our regional manager NOT to tell buyers that one of our many sellers were emigrating! when i asked why, he answered that we work for our vendors and our aim is to get them the best price for their homes, buyers will try and knock the price down, especially if they know you are desperate, so my advice would be just say your'e offering no chain/vacant possession.
with the best of luck
rach