Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sell your home online absolutly free

Wikiposts

sell your home online absolutly free

Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:22 am
maggy

Default sell your home online absolutly free

just found a site to sell your home on internet for free. If you are like us and are awaiting your visa but have decided to put your home up for sale now then its worth checking out this site. I have also put house up on market through estate agents but thought i would also try this.

www.homesonsale.co.uk

sorry dont know how to type a direct link but if you type this in then it should take you directly there.

maggy

Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:25 am
maggy

Default homes for sale

did not realised that once i submitted link it would take you directly there, so just click on link am I dim or what lol.

Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:34 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: homes for sale

Originally posted by maggy
did not realised that once i submitted link it would take you directly there, so just click on link am I dim or what lol.

about as bright as a 10watt bulb maggy

lmao...only joking
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:41 am
maggy

i know but im still learning hahaha! Its because im back on the gin as its a friday night. Then again I dont really need an excuse do I lol

Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:46 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by maggy
i know but im still learning hahaha! Its because im back on the gin as its a friday night. Then again I dont really need an excuse do I lol
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh FFS I remember the last time you were on the gin lol the nite before ur meds
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Will try there - we are putting ours on the market ourselves as we are not going until the end of December & there are lot sof people doing the drive past at the moment - as it gets closer if we have not sold we will try estate agents.

who needs an excuse for a G&T? As long as it is past the watershed ie 6.00pm then I am game!!!

cheers

pockygoes
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:55 am
maggy

Biggy will vouch for me G and T got me through my meds god knows how as i was minced the night before and on this damn addictive site till way past my bed time. Just wait until i get my visa i will be so minced i'll be typing with my nose haha! Gonna have to go now though as my other half is snoring his head off downstairs and im gonna wake him up to join me in a wee celebration what with it being Friday and all.

Bye for now

Old Mar 26th 2004, 8:11 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tip !

I've been looking at quite a few of these sites and they all seem like a great diea, but then when you sit back and think about it I reckon that 99% of what you're paying an estate agent for is advertising clout and that is something that you or I (i.e. the normal people on the street) just can't seem to buy.

I mean, the estate agents round our way take our half page (or full page) ads in the local papers, week in and week out, plugging all of the properties that they have for sale. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not supportive of estate agents, they charge waaaaay too much for the service they provide, but they do have the advertising ability and they do have a network of contacts....and that is perhaps what we are all paying for ?

It's a difficult call. On the one hand I hate estate agents with a passion, always smarmy and pretentious, but on the other hand they can offer a level of service that is difficult to match for the average "joe"...
Old Mar 26th 2004, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Have one for me Maggy - cheers!!!

As for estate agents - like you say - mixed feelings - we have sold our last 2 houses ourselves. the last 2 houses have been in villages - I did some details & put it in the post office/shop window & made our own for sale board. We had a couple of people around who hadn't sold their own - we then put an advert in the local paper £35 (credit card size - no photo) had one person ring - they bought it.

The last house - we had the estate agents around to take photos on the Friday - they had not even done the particulars & the next day we went to the village fair & mentioned it ther - someone overheard & asked where it was - told her - she asked how much & she said there & then that she would have it - did not even come to look at it until a week before her mum moved in - cash - no survey etc

worth a go!!!

Cheers

pockygoes
Old Mar 26th 2004, 10:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by EssexNobby
Thanks for the tip !

I've been looking at quite a few of these sites and they all seem like a great diea, but then when you sit back and think about it I reckon that 99% of what you're paying an estate agent for is advertising clout and that is something that you or I (i.e. the normal people on the street) just can't seem to buy.

I mean, the estate agents round our way take our half page (or full page) ads in the local papers, week in and week out, plugging all of the properties that they have for sale. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not supportive of estate agents, they charge waaaaay too much for the service they provide, but they do have the advertising ability and they do have a network of contacts....and that is perhaps what we are all paying for ?

It's a difficult call. On the one hand I hate estate agents with a passion, always smarmy and pretentious, but on the other hand they can offer a level of service that is difficult to match for the average "joe"...
Every time I buy a house, for personal occupation, i take a drive around the area I want, look for the for sale signs, then ring the agent. It's the little board outside that works well

Mind you, most agents then want to show you something else, just a bit higher than your price limit.