Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how bad can one day get?

how bad can one day get?

Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:15 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default how bad can one day get?

Today has certainly been one of those days, one which I never want to relive.
First off, at lunchtime bored at work go into the back room to hear a dripping noise, it got heavier and heavier until it was almost as bad as the rain outside, I ran around moving stock out the way and using up every available container(including the drawers out the fridge) while ringing the landlady to get a plumber quick, plumber comes and finds out tenants above have put shower head by taps still on and the place was full of soap suds.
Second, I finish work and head to the car which has a dead battery, called hubby who came tried jump starting it, my leads had gone, he goes off to get another set, they work. Go to put car in gear and it feels "funny" get it into gear and get home.
Third try to get car out of gear, no wont shift, call brother and hubby to investigate and brother condems the gear box.
Just how bad can my day get??????:scared: :scared: :scared:
I need a drink to numb my brain

Jenny
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how bad can one day get?

Hi Jenny
i thought i was having a bad day! see: poked, prodded and insulted!
hope that the week gets better for you mate
love rach x
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

footie x
Old Mar 25th 2004, 7:58 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally posted by footie chick
Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

footie x

seeing as I now need a car, does anyone know of anyone with a cheap automatic for sale with 100 miles of me????

Thanks Jenny
Old Mar 26th 2004, 10:39 pm
Moved out bush!

My day just got better, sent hubby off to Stockport to look at a car, and he's back with it. I'm mobile again "YES"

Took a lucky dip, didn't know what the car looked like, never heard of the model before, turned out to be big, fast and a sight better than the one thats off to the scrap heap. Got a use for my radar detecter now!!!

We all ceremonially kicked the scrap one thismorning as we all ended up messed up and I ended up walking to work, Steve was late for work because he had to take our son to school. It made us feel better anyway, and added a few dents.

Jenny
Old Mar 26th 2004, 10:49 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

you'd best stay in friday the 13th !