Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!

Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!

Old May 12th 2006, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!

Originally Posted by glittababe
Attached Thumbnails Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0618.jpg   Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0631.jpg   Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0635.jpg   Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0644.jpg   Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0319.jpg  

Old May 12th 2006, 11:43 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

awww.........you have beautiful kiddies annie!!! absolutely gorgeous!

like debs said, hope to meeet you out there soon for a beer or two!

good luck hun, keep the updates coming

sue x
Old May 12th 2006, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
awww.........you have beautiful kiddies annie!!! absolutely gorgeous!

like debs said, hope to meeet you out there soon for a beer or two!

good luck hun, keep the updates coming

sue x
aww thank you sue. One of our aussie neighbours reckons I can get a couple of toilet roll ads out of the littlest one as he's so cute! They fit into the school a treat (long hair, scruffy, mix match of uniforms etc). Normally come on here now just to check my pm's, but will try and attach snaps onto this thread. Will take some snaps of the removals delivering stuff this end. Enjoy the uk weather - hear its beautiful at the mo XXX
Old May 12th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

aww thank you sue. One of our aussie neighbours reckons I can get a couple of toilet roll ads out of the littlest one as he's so cute! They fit into the school a treat (long hair, scruffy, mix match of uniforms etc). Normally come on here now just to check my pm's, but will try and attach snaps onto this thread. Will take some snaps of the removals delivering stuff this end. Enjoy the uk weather - hear its beautiful at the mo XXX
some more family snaps!
Attached Thumbnails Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0356.jpg   Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0423.jpg   Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0570.jpg   Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!-100_0971.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
decandtom.bmp (900.1 KB, 51 views)
Old May 12th 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

some more family snaps!
oh and forgot to say...that little prob I had with my neighbour? Mark had a word with him and got the low down, he said he'd move and a few days ago he did! Removals in am, out by pm. Not quite sure what Mark said....ummmmmmm?
Old May 12th 2006, 12:33 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

yes...watch this space! I have all the clearing agents details, all the hidden costs that 'could' be applied if AQIS need to do anything have been explained. Fingers crossed. Leave on Sunday, container leaves the port on the 4th April, delivery to Brisbane between the 10th-22nd May. I think the thing to always bear in mind is its all unpredictable; anything can happen. At least if somethings broken, we can say it was our fault!
GB i hope you leak checked that container before you accepted it, it looks like it has seen a few Roof repairs,[light blue patch on roof] we proably would not have accepted it, but a lot of container hire companies wont try and give us old "boxes " as they know we wont accept them.
Now you sure that was a Removal warehouse, as we have loading docks that are the same hight as the container and you can just walk in and out of the container.
It looks like a general freight ware house.??....................... mm
Old May 12th 2006, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mr mover
GB i hope you leak checked that container before you accepted it, it looks like it has seen a few Roof repairs,[light blue patch on roof] we proably would not have accepted it, but a lot of container hire companies wont try and give us old "boxes " as they know we wont accept them.
Now you sure that was a Removal warehouse, as we have loading docks that are the same hight as the container and you can just walk in and out of the container.
It looks like a general freight ware house.??....................... mm
mark checked it with the shipping bloke, climbed inside, shut the doors etc and all ok. He was happy. It was loaded at the storage depot not the removal warehouse/docks. We sold our house 5 weeks before we were able to load the container (I delayed things by rupturing appendix ), so we stuck our things in storage at Space Maker. They were fab, let us have a large loading bay etc, photocopied lots of stuff for us and supplied free tea and coffee as it was freezing! After it left, it was all fumigated then sealed, sat on the dock for a few days until it was loaded onto the MSC New York! Clearing agent this side has gone through boxes that'll need inspection by AQIS and extra cost of cleaning (just in case we missed some dirt on the bikes/camping equipment etc). Really friendly team both in UK and Brissy. They did all the documentation, sent us copies of everything plus certs etc. Not expecting to hear from clearing agent until early next week. He's going to push AQIS to clear it quickly but has advised us to allow at least 3 weeks in case they're on a go slow. Better to be prepared I suppose!
Old May 12th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mark checked it with the shipping bloke, climbed inside, shut the doors etc and all ok. He was happy. It was loaded at the storage depot not the removal warehouse/docks. We sold our house 5 weeks before we were able to load the container (I delayed things by rupturing appendix ), so we stuck our things in storage at Space Maker. They were fab, let us have a large loading bay etc, photocopied lots of stuff for us and supplied free tea and coffee as it was freezing! After it left, it was all fumigated then sealed, sat on the dock for a few days until it was loaded onto the MSC New York! Clearing agent this side has gone through boxes that'll need inspection by AQIS and extra cost of cleaning (just in case we missed some dirt on the bikes/camping equipment etc). Really friendly team both in UK and Brissy. They did all the documentation, sent us copies of everything plus certs etc. Not expecting to hear from clearing agent until early next week. He's going to push AQIS to clear it quickly but has advised us to allow at least 3 weeks in case they're on a go slow. Better to be prepared I suppose!
The shipping agent did mention that they can offload the container onto pavement so we can walk in and out? Not needed now as they're going to unpack everything with AQIS then load it straight into removals lorry then deliver, unload and unpack for us! All inc in price. Mind you I haven't met the removals people yet - they could be dodgy
Old May 12th 2006, 1:29 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[ He's going to push AQIS to clear it quickly but has advised us to allow at least 3 weeks in case they're on a go slow. Better to be prepared I suppose![/QUOTE]
GOOD LUCK with AQIS , if Bisbane is any thing like Adelaide at the moment it will be 3weeks .'
Aqis had a big Reshuffle last year and all the older Experienced inspectors were put in desk /office jobs ,and replaced with these new young [Do it by the book ,Pains in the arse] inspectors who every time we Query an item they have to stop pick up the mobile phone and ring head quarters, and ask for clarification. [not allowed to make a discission]
It really drags the jobs out as we have to supply a man to assist them,they are not allowed to work in the bond store alone,[security reasons].......... mm
Old May 12th 2006, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

The shipping agent did mention that they can offload the container onto pavement so we can walk in and out? Not needed now as they're going to unpack everything with AQIS then load it straight into removals lorry then deliver, unload and unpack for us! All inc in price. Mind you I haven't met the removals people yet - they could be dodgy

annie, the photos are bloody lovely, your kids are georgous too!

thanks for posting all this info its been a great help

debs x
Old May 12th 2006, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by debbiemc
annie, the photos are bloody lovely, your kids are georgous too!

thanks for posting all this info its been a great help

debs x
Thanks Debs. Its mothers day here tomorrow and the boys are taking me for brekky at The Boathouse - fab floating restaurant (well I think it stays permanently attached to pontoon), live music etc. Just a really nice place to be. Will take some more snaps. Around here there are some beautiful places. I find the older coastal towns a bit shabby (coolum beach), but they are gradually regenerating those areas. Marcoola is still developing, but even with that prospect I wouldn't live there (unless you like huge areas of just 'flat' space). Sunshine hinterland - gorgeous! Buderim, Montville, Flaxton, Mapleton, Eumundi, Kin Kin - all lovely. Some places are so stunning, the views just take your breath away!

If your going to stay anywhere I recommend Verano, Webya Rd in Noosaville. Luxery accommodation, managers were fab and didn't charge us extra for our littlest one. There are loads of Rainforest retreats up in the hinterlands that are fab and secluded.

In Brisbane we stayed at Eton B&B and had the attic apartment. Its an old Queenslander, right next door to all the youth hostels etc It was nice and clean, managers were lovely and cost us $700 for 10 days. It was central to the city so we could walk to everything which helped (kids hated us for it)!

Anyway wish us luck with AQIS! Sounds like I'll be waiting longer for my furniture! Will keep you posted love annie
Old May 12th 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Debs. Its mothers day here tomorrow and the boys are taking me for brekky at The Boathouse - fab floating restaurant (well I think it stays permanently attached to pontoon), live music etc. Just a really nice place to be. Will take some more snaps. Around here there are some beautiful places. I find the older coastal towns a bit shabby (coolum beach), but they are gradually regenerating those areas. Marcoola is still developing, but even with that prospect I wouldn't live there (unless you like huge areas of just 'flat' space). Sunshine hinterland - gorgeous! Buderim, Montville, Flaxton, Mapleton, Eumundi, Kin Kin - all lovely. Some places are so stunning, the views just take your breath away!

If your going to stay anywhere I recommend Verano, Webya Rd in Noosaville. Luxery accommodation, managers were fab and didn't charge us extra for our littlest one. There are loads of Rainforest retreats up in the hinterlands that are fab and secluded.

In Brisbane we stayed at Eton B&B and had the attic apartment. Its an old Queenslander, right next door to all the youth hostels etc It was nice and clean, managers were lovely and cost us $700 for 10 days. It was central to the city so we could walk to everything which helped (kids hated us for it)!

Anyway wish us luck with AQIS! Sounds like I'll be waiting longer for my furniture! Will keep you posted love annie
Thought some costs of the basics would help you to plan as well!

Cars - Landrover disco $10,000
Rav $15,000
6 mths rent $12,000
TV 51 cm $ 139
Queen bed $ 299
Mattress $ 750
Fridge/freezer $ 2,300
Chest freezer $ 299
CD player $ 79
Washing mach $ 750
Chest drawers $ 299
Lamp $ 29
Doona queen $ 119
Doona covers $ 109
Pillows $ 5 ea (just basic ones)
Kettle $ 49
Home start kit $ 54 (crockery, cutlery, glasses etc)
School uniforms $ 340 (for 3 kids, 2 tops, 2 prs shorts ea)
School book list $ 270
Grocery's $ 300 pw (on average)

The list is endless but it will give you good idea! Garage sales are fab to get second hand bits! We brought a breadmaker, hardly used for $10.

My advice, if you're going to ship anything over ...please take your mattresses!!!!! Or buy some new and ship them as they're so expensive here! We have found a place that does them for $299, but they were cheap and nasty ones. A decent matteress is anything from $700 plus! The ones we liked were all over $1500! Hope this helps X
Old May 13th 2006, 5:51 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Self shipping our container. The pics!!!!

Thanks for all your advice and your wonderful photos Annie, really great motivation for us all here in the UK.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 13th 2006, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Thought some costs of the basics would help you to plan as well!

Cars - Landrover disco $10,000
Rav $15,000
6 mths rent $12,000
TV 51 cm $ 139
Queen bed $ 299
Mattress $ 750
Fridge/freezer $ 2,300
Chest freezer $ 299
CD player $ 79
Washing mach $ 750
Chest drawers $ 299
Lamp $ 29
Doona queen $ 119
Doona covers $ 109
Pillows $ 5 ea (just basic ones)
Kettle $ 49
Home start kit $ 54 (crockery, cutlery, glasses etc)
School uniforms $ 340 (for 3 kids, 2 tops, 2 prs shorts ea)
School book list $ 270
Grocery's $ 300 pw (on average)

The list is endless but it will give you good idea! Garage sales are fab to get second hand bits! We brought a breadmaker, hardly used for $10.

My advice, if you're going to ship anything over ...please take your mattresses!!!!! Or buy some new and ship them as they're so expensive here! We have found a place that does them for $299, but they were cheap and nasty ones. A decent matteress is anything from $700 plus! The ones we liked were all over $1500! Hope this helps X
HI GB,thanks for the advice.glad to see that you have settled.The kids look gorgeous,(hubby doesnt look too bad either)x Irishbloo
Old May 13th 2006, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by irishbloo
HI GB,thanks for the advice.glad to see that you have settled.The kids look gorgeous,(hubby doesnt look too bad either)x Irishbloo
TY Irish! Have passed on compliments to hubby! Had a good day down at the beach bougie boarding then spent the evening having a meal at a restaurant in Hastings St Noosa. Watched the sunset etc, very chilled. Other families brought cheese and wine (must be more prepared next time)! Now home and time for bed before brekky at Noosa river. Will attach some more snaps, it'll keep you motivated! Take care love annie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.