Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Self-employed tax returns evidence for DIMIA

Self-employed tax returns evidence for DIMIA

Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:49 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Question Self-employed tax returns evidence for DIMIA

Just a follow on from empryean's thread the other day. I wondered if a new title might bring a better response.

My husband is a self employed plumber although has only been self employed for 18 months so he still has plenty of employer references that were submitted with our application.

Is it common for DIMIA to ask for accounting evidence and tax returns? Just wondered if we need to give our accountant to get a move on with our accounts if DIMIA are likely to ask about it?

Does anybody know?

Anne
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:55 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self-employed tax returns evidence for DIMIA

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Just a follow on from empryean's thread the other day. I wondered if a new title might bring a better response.

My husband is a self employed plumber although has only been self employed for 18 months so he still has plenty of employer references that were submitted with our application.

Is it common for DIMIA to ask for accounting evidence and tax returns? Just wondered if we need to give our accountant to get a move on with our accounts if DIMIA are likely to ask about it?

Does anybody know?

Anne
anne

we got our TRA about the same time as you. we were asked at the TRA stage from the agents to provide 5/6 years of tax returns (husband is a painter and decorator sub-subtractor). these will also be submitted with our main application to DIMMIA.

michelle
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
anne

we got our TRA about the same time as you. we were asked at the TRA stage from the agents to provide 5/6 years of tax returns (husband is a painter and decorator sub-subtractor). these will also be submitted with our main application to DIMMIA.

michelle
I wonder if it makes any differenc because Terry has only been self-employed 18 months. Our agent didn't ask us to send them any tax returns Our main application has already been submitted.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:21 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I wonder if it makes any differenc because Terry has only been self-employed 18 months. Our agent didn't ask us to send them any tax returns Our main application has already been submitted.

i wouldnt worry too much anne. if they require further info, then they will ask your agent for it. i would ask your accountant to start getting things ready though. how did you prove that your husband was self employed for the TRA?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i wouldnt worry too much anne. if they require further info, then they will ask your agent for it. i would ask your accountant to start getting things ready though. how did you prove that your husband was self employed for the TRA?
We sent letter from accountant, stating that she worked for us, stat dec, letters from suppliers, statements of business bank account, letters from customers detailing exactly what work had been done including photos of work in progress, and records of materials ordered ie entire year shopping lists from Screwfix.