Seeing a doctor

Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough
Default Seeing a doctor

It has been three months I have moved to Melbourne. I got my Medicare card. I would like to see a doctor to consult about my continuing Hepatitis B vaccination. Where would be the ideal place to see a GP for consultation (I would prefer a place where my bill to be bulk billed)?

Thanks.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeing a doctor

Originally Posted by the_gripmaster
It has been three months I have moved to Melbourne. I got my Medicare card. I would like to see a doctor to consult about my continuing Hepatitis B vaccination. Where would be the ideal place to see a GP for consultation (I would prefer a place where my bill to be bulk billed)?

Thanks.
Phone around and find one. Few and far between for adults with no concessions but with perseverance you should be lucky.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
You phone your local doctor's surgery and ask if they bulk bill. If they do you book an appointment. If they don't you phone the next clinic. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough

Is there a reliable directory where I can look up phone numbers?
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Is there a reliable directory where I can look up phone numbers?
http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/busSearch.jhtml
Old Jan 30th 2010, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

What's this dire necessity to have things bulk billed? Pay up, it's only going to cost you $30 and you get continuity of medical care which is far better than a cafeteria type medical centre. Ask around for a good doctor and see if they have vacancies on their list.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:24 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks.
What suburb are you in ?

Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
What suburb are you in ?
Laverton. Found some locals through http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...y?opendocument
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by quoll
What's this dire necessity to have things bulk billed? Pay up, it's only going to cost you $30 and you get continuity of medical care which is far better than a cafeteria type medical centre. Ask around for a good doctor and see if they have vacancies on their list.
For me bulk billing saves me time having to then go to medicare and put in a claim. My doctors (Sydney CBD) both bulk bills and has continuity of medical care so I'm happy (and have recommended them to many friends).
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
For me bulk billing saves me time having to then go to medicare and put in a claim. My doctors (Sydney CBD) both bulk bills and has continuity of medical care so I'm happy (and have recommended them to many friends).
Many surgeries (around here anyway) now do direct Medicare refund via the EFTPOS machine so there's no need to visit the Medicare Offices
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Many surgeries (around here anyway) now do direct Medicare refund via the EFTPOS machine so there's no need to visit the Medicare Offices
My first doctors did that then they shut down. I couldn't find another in my local area at the time that did it or bulk billed. As I really couldn't be bothered spending my free time queuing at a medicare office or post office for stamps I found I never claimed and probably still have the receipts somewhere. I do wonder how much medicare saves each year by people like me not being bothered to put in claims?

Now I find I have a perfect doctor that bulk bills, is open before and after work, has lunchtime appointments within 24 hours of phoning to book and keeps all my records.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
My doctors (Sydney CBD) both bulk bills and has continuity of medical care so I'm happy (and have recommended them to many friends).
Same here . I always see the same doctor at the bulk-billing practice I go to.

In fact, he used to work at bulk-billing practice A and then moved to B. Obviously I didn't know that. I phoned up A for an appointment and they said, he'd moved to B and gave me the phone number - which I thought was very decent of them. Even better, B, is slightly closer to our home .