Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

See the Bombers fly UP...UP!!!

Wikiposts

See the Bombers fly UP...UP!!!

Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: See the Bombers fly UP...UP!!!

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Looks like the Swans aren't flying so high!

OzTennis
One quarter to go. Go the Saints.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

melbournebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Yhe Saints they go marching on "Happy Days" up the saints

Melbournebound

Originally Posted by Bordy
Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I based mine on 17 mins into last quarter - live footy scores on www.theage.com.au That's one less 'foreign' team.

OzTennis
Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:56 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I based mine on 17 mins into last quarter - live footy scores on www.theage.com.au That's one less 'foreign' team.

OzTennis
Yeah that game will take a lot out of them though, was pretty heavy going in the heavy rain. Heres to two Vic teams in the semis next week, as long as the other is Essendon.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

OzTennis
It wasn't in doubt after the beginning of the second quarter. Sydney couldn't do their usual and close the game down. I think the saints had too much pride at stake over last weeks slapping.

Rich, you were saying mate!!!??

C'mon you Bombers. (please sent me some dry weather karma for tonight )
Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't believe that I've watched the whole season on Sky Sports and just as it gets interesting, they don't bother showing it
I hope the final is on at least (come on you Lions).

History in the making 'they' reckon - the first grand final with 2 non-VIC teams is expected. Not to mention 4 in a row.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Expected, but not a given. I've heard that Adelaide are known as "the chokers" But they shouldn't as they do have the home advantage next weekend

Even if we win tonight, were going out next week

(take it you're off to brissy then?)
Old Sep 10th 2004, 12:44 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Expected, but not a given. I've heard that Adelaide are known as "the chokers" But they shouldn't as they do have the home advantage next weekend

Even if we win tonight, were going out next week

(take it you're off to brissy then?)
Never give up hope.....

Could be Brissy, Could be Melbourne. Expect I would have to wear the tin hat to shout for the Lions in Melbourne?
Old Sep 10th 2004, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbournebound
Yhe Saints they go marching on "Happy Days" up the saints

Melbournebound
YES am I happy or what only just got to reading THE AGE and finding out they won by 51 points!
Old Sep 11th 2004, 1:12 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by helinuk
YES am I happy or what only just got to reading THE AGE and finding out they won by 51 points!

Ok I'm now shouting for the Saints for the Grand final this year Helin.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

melbournebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Bordy,
Yold you at the meey not to discount the saints - feel very sorry for the 1 or 2 bombers fans on the site No need to shout Hevs , can hear you in Narre Warren.
Melbournebound

Old Sep 11th 2004, 2:13 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by melbournebound
Bordy,
Yold you at the meey not to discount the saints - feel very sorry for the 1 or 2 bombers fans on the site No need to shout Hevs , can hear you in Narre Warren.
Melbournebound
Poor Hevs was at the game, she would be FREEZING.
Old Sep 11th 2004, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought I'd see you say that Bordy !
Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:11 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Poor Hevs was at the game, she would be FREEZING.
Man, it was cold as

I knew it was gonna be a bad night when they announced on the radio on the way in the car park was shut. We ended up in south bank for gods sake Then the horrifying news that Mcphee wasn't in filled me with dread before we got in there.

We had fab seats on the third tier right at the front, but it was somewhat ruined by the running, and totally anal, commentry from the four "Gooooo Cattasssssss" people behind us

The last quarter was worth the wait and made the icy wind and rain seem insignificant.

I'm glad we didn't win in a way, lets face it, we had no team left to put together for next week
Old Sep 13th 2004, 8:04 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by hevs
I'm glad we didn't win in a way, lets face it, we had no team left to put together for next week

Exactly what we said. The Lions would murder us.

My daughter went to Nick Riewolts pub around midnight after the game & ended up in the company of Dean Solomon, Hirdy, Lloyd etc etc. Good night was had by all I believe.