Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

See the Bombers fly UP...UP!!!

Wikiposts

See the Bombers fly UP...UP!!!

Old Sep 5th 2004, 6:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: See the Bombers fly UP...UP!!!

Originally Posted by RichS
btw I got very wet Saturday night
GOOD
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

soggy but satisfied (as the actress said to the bishop)
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:41 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

The flag is only going to one place and thats the GABBA.

Brisbane for four in a row!!!!

TT
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
The flag is only going to one place and thats the GABBA.

Brisbane for four in a row!!!!

TT
yep, i'm tippin!!

They're just a machine :scared:
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:04 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Hevs if Bombers win this weekend they play the Lions at the G not the Gabba. If they make the Grand Final its party at your house.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:46 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Hey Badge, new avatar huh? Since the season is well and truly over for the Hawks, have you decided to put their logo into storage until next season?

Up the Mighty Lions, Brisbane Lions!!!!
lol. On arrival in VIC, I was shopping around for a team to barrack for. In the absence of any mates to ask (on the basis I'd go with them) I'd asked around...

Hawks were recommended. By the time the new avatar was up, and the season had started I'd long forgotten my new found allegiance..and never got around to removing it in any case... I'm still neutral, as I now barrack for the Storm in the NRL.

BM

Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

How strange - people in Melbourne pretending that any of their teams are any good.
What do you reckon would happen if Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide or Perth had to put out 10 teams each rather than 1 or 2?

OzTennis
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:20 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by OzTennis
What do you reckon would happen if Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide or Perth had to put out 10 teams each rather than 1 or 2?

OzTennis
What a blinkin marvellous observation

Bordy, are you sure? Sure on the 5th quarter they said that the lions would play their next match at the Gabba and the final would be at the G??

Anyway, shhh, i still want my brissy trip

If we get to the finals i'll eat my own children
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
What a blinkin marvellous observation

Bordy, are you sure? Sure on the 5th quarter they said that the lions would play their next match at the Gabba and the final would be at the G??

Anyway, shhh, i still want my brissy trip

If we get to the finals i'll eat my own children
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...322645195.html

OzTennis
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...234079300.html

OzTennis
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

bugger, first my Adelaide trip, now Brissy too

Thanks oz T !!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:41 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of stupid rule is that!!!!

Thought the idea of finishing higher up the ladder was to gain home field advantage. Then it all goes up in smoke and you have to play in VIC.

Guess it might make the game a little more interesting and not the usual 60 point hammering.

TT
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A nice article and as a Bulldogs supporter I know exactly what the man has gone through but as he says, there's always next year!

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...939141953.html

OzTennis
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OzTennis

OzTennis
A fair point - there was an occassion this season when the Swans had a live game on 10 on a Saturday night (collingwood I think). The attendence at the game was actually given as higher than the TV rating. Astonishing. So to answer your point there - If we had 10 teams no-one would care.

However we do have about that in the NRL - and here is the difference. People in Sydney regard the Swans as 'one of ours'. They might not really go for the sport, but will support the Swans.
In Melbourne, my observation is that if it isn't AFL it's to be hounded out of town at the earliest possible moment. There is a degree of paranoia about the AFL that I find quite odd.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 11:43 pm
High in the Dandenongs

However we do have about that in the NRL - and here is the difference. In Melbourne, my observation is that if it isn't AFL it's to be hounded out of town at the earliest possible moment. There is a degree of paranoia about the AFL that I find quite odd.
Its not paranoia, its PASSION!!

I have 2 sets of friends who go to the rugby everyweekend and arnt into footie at all,( ) its not a given that you must attend or even like it to live in Vic
(i hate rugby, to much stopping and starting AND the shorts are to long.)

Oh, and FWIW, I'VE GOT TICKETS FOR THE G ON SATDAY NIGHT!!! WHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.