Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

secret harbour, w.a

secret harbour, w.a

Old Jul 25th 2012, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all
Default secret harbour, w.a

hi, any thoughts on secret harbour i.e schools, housing, amenities, social life etc.
thanks
oh by the way we are a family of three, me 40, wife 39, daughter almost 4.

Last edited by richie penn; Jul 25th 2012 at 11:24 am. Reason: extra info
Old Jul 26th 2012, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: secret harbour, w.a

Some love it, some hate it. Nice beach. Dont know about the schools. It is a bit middle of nowhere as a treck to Mandurah. Lots of Brits. To me it felt like like it was stuffed full of too many Brits wanting to have a little England in the sun
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

I live in SH and love it! We have a mix of Oz and English friends down here, from what i've seen, seems to be about half and half mix. Good little community going on, we enjoy the golf club although we don't play golf! The surf life saving club would be good for your little one. Ours is a bit young for it all yet at 16 months. Not looked at Schools yet but there are 2 supposedly ok, nothing fantastic and not bad by any means. It is 45 mins to the city on a weekend, 1hr 20 mins commute for work either train or car are similar. I work in the city at the moment and don't mind the commute on the train. Mandurah and Rockingham are nice and nearby. We have a nice pub and supermarket and other bits like that quite central in Secret Harbour.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

richie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to allrichie penn is a name known to all

cheers guys
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

There are worse places to live.... A lot of peeps i know live down there... Most are really happy..... One is getting divorced... But I dont think that has much to do with location

Why secret harbour? just out of interest?

I barrack for shockingham myself.....

Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

no particular reason.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richie penn
no particular reason.
Well thats as good a reason as any

We started off, and ended up in shocko as that was the cheapest out of season holiday rental we could find when we got here....
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

time will tell i guess, we are staying with friends to start with so time to reccy areas.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 1:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Well thats as good a reason as any

We started off, and ended up in shocko as that was the cheapest out of season holiday rental we could find when we got here....
You are dead lucky though where you live, it's a lovely little area that seems to not be bothered by a lot of the crap that gets reported in Shocko.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by northernbird
You are dead lucky though where you live, it's a lovely little area that seems to not be bothered by a lot of the crap that gets reported in Shocko.
Shshhhhhh

Its shocko's best kept secret.... We dont want just ANYONE moving in
Old Jul 27th 2012, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

and where is that??????????
p.s we are not just anyone!
Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

livvyg has a spectacular aura aboutlivvyg has a spectacular aura aboutlivvyg has a spectacular aura about

Hi Richie, my brother and his family live in Secret Harbour and they seem to really like it there. The suburb is really pretty and well kept and in my opinion very expensive! My niece and nephew go to Comet Bay Primary School which isnt too bad for the niece but my nephew who has some learning difficulties is struggling a bit and does not get a lot of help (though im not sure if that would be different any where else). There is a supermarket and a small shopping centre, parks, beach, pub etc. There is a heck of a lot of British there, we went to the supermarket last Saturday and I swear 90% of the accents were from somewhere in the British Isles!

My brother and sister in law have met loads of friends through the kids school and are forever having barbies and camping trips and stuff, although my sister in law does report that the area can be รก bit cliquey and there are a lot of wealthy families about including the fly in fly out mine worker families. There also seems to be a fair bit of petty crime such as alcohol related assaults, muggings etc, usually related to kids. Last week a gang tried to blow the cash machine out of the wall at Secret Harbour shopping centre!

I have recently moved to the next suburb along, Port Kennedy and am so far quite happy here, there are loads of parks for the kids to play on within walking distance, shops, schools and activities all within walking distance, and it is cheaper than secret harbour although not as 'posh'! However my happiness probably has a lot to do with living within 5 minutes walking distance of my sister and 5 minutes drive from my brother, and after living for 7 years in regional Queensland having big shops, parks and activities minutes away is a definite bonus and something i have really missed.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

thanks for your reply, really good info, will be checking out the area for sure when we arrive. I hate clicky people and have no time them anyway
cheers