Secret Harbour

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:09 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Secret Harbour

When in W.A. 3 years ago, we fell in love with Secret Harbour.

I expect it's changed quite a bit since we were there, but it's high on our list of possible places to settle.

With my boys - 4 & 6 being the priority, can anybody give me their opinions of why we should/shouldn't live here?

Thanks.

Lewis
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret Harbour

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn

I expect it's changed quite a bit since we were there, but it's high on our list of possible places to settle.

With my boys - 4 & 6 being the priority, can anybody give me their opinions of why we should/shouldn't live here?

Thanks.

Lewis
Dunno I couldnt find it myself
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:14 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chaval
Dunno I couldnt find it myself
Have you tried tweezers?
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:56 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn

Thanks.

Lewis
Hi Lewis,

We really wanted to settle there - we too fell in love with it. But we couldn't find a rental for love nor money there so rented in Port Kennedy instead. It's still developing and improving, I think - if you can, go for it! I'd still like to settle there eventually, although PK is really nice too.

Good luck!

Sue
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:57 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lewis,

We've found it!! It's a lovely place to live - beach to one side, new sports centre coming, new supermarket opening around Christmas time with speciality stores and a Woolies.

We've got three kids and the eldest two are at Secret Harbour Primary school and they're really settled (aged 8 and 5). There's a new primary school opening next year to ease the demand on the current school with it's 550+ students :scared:

There's a high school too that is due to move into it's new site next year (they are currently using the new Primary school site).

Have a look at my blog as I've recently posted some pictures of the building works - just scroll down to the post before last.

I'll give you the link for the local Real Estate Agent - I wouldn't recommend them, we are renting through them and they are extremely rude, but they seem to have the area sewn up unfortunately when it comes to rentals!

www.golfcoast.com.au

When are you hoping to come out? Anything else I can help with, just holler! Good luck!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by julesandco
Hi Lewis,

We've found it!! It's a lovely place to live - beach to one side, new sports centre coming, new supermarket opening around Christmas time with speciality stores and a Woolies.

We've got three kids and the eldest two are at Secret Harbour Primary school and they're really settled (aged 8 and 5). There's a new primary school opening next year to ease the demand on the current school with it's 550+ students :scared:

There's a high school too that is due to move into it's new site next year (they are currently using the new Primary school site).

Have a look at my blog as I've recently posted some pictures of the building works - just scroll down to the post before last.

I'll give you the link for the local Real Estate Agent - I wouldn't recommend them, we are renting through them and they are extremely rude, but they seem to have the area sewn up unfortunately when it comes to rentals!

www.golfcoast.com.au

When are you hoping to come out? Anything else I can help with, just holler! Good luck!

Thanks Jules.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:43 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Hi Lewis,

www.golfcoast.com.au

hi,
we just visited WA in december, and fell in love with secret harbour. we are emigrating this year, once visa is here and house sold etc. we have 2 kids, 3 and 6 yrs. what are the primary schools like compared to uk, better or what. any info you may have would be appreciated.
cheers,
ian carol greg and beth
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:02 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mabozar
hi,
we just visited WA in december, and fell in love with secret harbour. we are emigrating this year, once visa is here and house sold etc. we have 2 kids, 3 and 6 yrs. what are the primary schools like compared to uk, better or what. any info you may have would be appreciated.
cheers,
ian carol greg and beth
I can only comment on Secret Harbour Primary as this is where my two horrors go. They have settled very well and enjoy school. Academically, I'd say they are not as challenged as they would be in the uk, although we went to quite a high-achieving state primary (which actually, since we have moved, I find put FAR too much pressure on the kids to achieve!). You have to take into consdieration that they start school later here. My son was in Year 3 last year and not allowed to write with a pen - he has to wait until Year 4 to get his 'pen licence!??'

Things that are different, are that the kids change classmates every year. AS SHPS is a large school, there are 3/4 classes for each year and these are all shuffled every Feb, so the kids don't necessarily stay with their best mate from the year before.

The new COmet Bay Primary opens this Feb and will be small to start with, but at the rate SH is growing, won't take long to fill up!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if there any anything more specific you need.

Jules x
Old Jan 27th 2007, 4:04 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hey jules ,we could of popped in for a cup of tea last week,we love secrete..if i was to settle by the sea that would be the place for us,its beutifull.the beach is fantastic and being next to a golf course i dont think i would ever go to work..
the only thing is its a bit far from our babysitter in maylands..
its ideally situated for my work though ,all that building going on

well you never know ,we may see you one day..

we have 2 young ones,a boy 3 and girl 8 going on 18..i think it would be an ideal place for our kids to grow up..

ast
Old Jan 27th 2007, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by aston man
hey jules ,we could of popped in for a cup of tea last week,we love secrete..if i was to settle by the sea that would be the place for us,its beutifull.the beach is fantastic and being next to a golf course i dont think i would ever go to work..
the only thing is its a bit far from our babysitter in maylands..
its ideally situated for my work though ,all that building going on

well you never know ,we may see you one day..

we have 2 young ones,a boy 3 and girl 8 going on 18..i think it would be an ideal place for our kids to grow up..

ast
Maybe next time, mate!

I hear you like the hills, just take advice on the heat. You don't get the sea breeze up there and with temps as hot as 42 yesterday; man - sometimes you need some wind!

Take care,

Jules x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: WAS, stourbridge w.mids NOW Waikiki, W.A.Hear almost 3 yrs.and still loving it.
ROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lewis,

www.golfcoast.com.au

love your blog. had a quick look , will read proper when more time.
hoping to settle near by , at end of 07.
c.
x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:28 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been at all to anywhere in Australia before moving I must admit. My OH decided on Perth so we will see how it goes. I have rellies in Queensland and I must admit I really would like to try living there too. Have to see what happens...the main thing is that we get there after that I will just go with the flow!
Have seen some pics of Secret Harbour and my in laws love it so will give it a go. Mind you the way the house prices are heading I may be forced to look elsewhere.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: WAS, stourbridge w.mids NOW Waikiki, W.A.Hear almost 3 yrs.and still loving it.
ROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of lightROLLIE is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Haven't been at all to anywhere in Australia before moving I must admit. My OH decided on Perth so we will see how it goes. I have rellies in Queensland and I must admit I really would like to try living there too. Have to see what happens...the main thing is that we get there after that I will just go with the flow!
Have seen some pics of Secret Harbour and my in laws love it so will give it a go. Mind you the way the house prices are heading I may be forced to look elsewhere.
bl...y h..l, your on the move quick. just posted here myself.
are we reading each others mind?
did u read my last post on perthies?
or u stumbled at the same time as me.?
c.
x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:43 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROLLIE
bl...y h..l, your on the move quick. just posted here myself.
are we reading each others mind?
did u read my last post on perthies?
or u stumbled at the same time as me.?
c.
x
didn't see your post Claire just saw the thread on the main page
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rachie241
didn't see your post Claire just saw the thread on the main page
cool..........erhhhhhhhh?
great minds think alike.
was that a yes to seeing u on the 28th?
c.
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.