footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed Innyjim.

footie chick
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:39 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Second viewing tonight !!!!

Originally posted by Innyjim
Hi

I hope so, I'm getting bored of this. It really is one hurdle after another. I really thought the house bit would be easy. It's in great condition, new kitchen, new bathrooms, everthing that opens and shuts, but not so much as a tickle so far. Being very impatient now I know but hey !
Yeh its a pain isn't it.....living in a "showroom" is no fun

We had an offer in today from people who came for 2nd viewing yesterday....however they still have their house to sell so we asked them to come back once sold

However........just been telephoned by agent......another 2nd viewing tonight.......I think they have sold their house.......so fingers, legs and eyes crossed [this will make me look like SJO ]

Good luck my friend........let us all be lucky

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by footie chick
Fingers crossed Innyjim.

footie chick
Cheers all !

I might just burn the b@stard thing down and claim on the insurance.....
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Phoenixuk2oz

We had an offer in today from people who came for 2nd viewing yesterday....however they still have their house to sell so we asked them to come back once sold

However........just been telephoned by agent......another 2nd viewing tonight.......I think they have sold their house.......so fingers, legs and eyes crossed [this will make me look like SJO ]

Let's hope so and good luck with the yoga/karma sutra........
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:52 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Cheers all !

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Cheers all !

Bloody good idea.this house selling business is a nightmare.

i have had the week off and spent most of it hoovering and yelling at the boys.
really thought I was gonna have a stroke last night!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Sounds promising for tonight.

New to this house selling game, so tell me, can't the people who haven't sold their house, make an offer on yours, get a bridging loan and move just as quickly as someone who has sold ??
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:57 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by sjn2003
Sounds promising for tonight.

New to this house selling game, so tell me, can't the people who haven't sold their house, make an offer on yours, get a bridging loan and move just as quickly as someone who has sold ??
Hiya sjn2003

Yep......this is possible.......

To be honest.......if I wanted a house bad enough......and didn't want it to go to anyone else......then I'd go for a bridging loan

However some people can't get a bridging loan. They may not earn enough to borrow on two "mortgages" or in some circumstances they can't afford to pay back interest on two properties / loans

Hope this makes sense

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hiya sjn2003

Yep......this is possible.......

To be honest.......if I wanted a house bad enough......and didn't want it to go to anyone else......then I'd go for a bridging loan

However some people can't get a bridging loan. They may not earn enough to borrow on two "mortgages" or in some circumstances they can't afford to pay back interest on two properties / loans

Hope this makes sense

You mean you have to make repayments on the bridging loan? Can't the bank just roll it over until you sell the house?...probably a stupid question knowing most banks !!

Doesn't sound like much of a bridge to me, just 2 mortgages !!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Just received an offer from the couple that came to second view on Tuesday night. they have offered £18K under the asking price. You are having a Steffi Graff my friends !

Negotiations continue.......
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:18 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by sjn2003
You mean you have to make repayments on the bridging loan? Can't the bank just roll it over until you sell the house?...probably a stupid question knowing most banks !!

Doesn't sound like much of a bridge to me, just 2 mortgages !!
Hiya sjn2003

Yeh...the banks will gladly "roll it over"......but somehow or another thay'll make you pay for the priveledge of borrowing from them....with interest!

Basically......you borrow......you gotta pay........and with a bridging loan you don't know how long you'll end up with two houses on your back

Makes sense?

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:22 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Just received an offer from the couple that came to second view on Tuesday night. they have offered £18K under the asking price. You are having a Steffi Graff my friends !

Negotiations continue.......
They ARE having a laugh......you stick at it matey.......try another agent if you REALLY think they are taking the p*ss

I used the supply & demand rule of thumb.

If there are lots of people interested, then the price is right

However:
If loads of offers, then maybe too low?

If no offers, then maybe too high?

You know what's reasonable or not.....so hang in there and tell em to nak-off until you get something reasonable.

I've got that whooshy wand out for yer and everything's crossed

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

They are obviously trying it on. If they have viewed twice they are keen, and perhaps just a bit daring. Mind you, I think I would do the same. You never know someone may be that desperate to move they accept a silly offer!!!

Wish we could get a bloody offer on ours.

The latest feedbaxk is that the second bedroom is too small ( It is 12 foot by 9 foot)
baring in mind above it is a bloody 14 foot by 12 foot loft conversion!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

They ARE having a laugh......you stick at it matey.......try another agent if you REALLY think they are taking the p*ss

However:

You know what's reasonable or not.....so hang in there and tell em to nak-off until you get something reasonable.

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

However:

Cheers P

The agent said he's on their case and will get back to me this afternoon. He said that they haven't anywhere to sell and all their finance is arranged. They're obviously chancing their arm which I don't blame them for but hopefully if they are serious we can come to a bit more of a sensible number..........

TBC.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.