Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Second Viewing!!!!!!!

Second Viewing!!!!!!!

Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Second Viewing!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone
Havent been on much the last two weeks as my mum has been seriously ill and Ive had wranglings with the estate agents. Long and short of it all is that I had an agent (KB) since August and only got 2 viewings. After end of first contract 8 weeks they agreed to go sole joint for 1.2% with another agency (BB). We have been on with them for 5 weeks.......zilch nada nothing!!!!
Agency (BB) came round last monday and suggested we reduce the price....we have already taken £10k off and now they suggest a further 5%. We initially said no but agreed if they would reduce to 1%. Agency one (KB) refused so terminated contract....stress stress and Agency two (BB) initially refused but then accepted and went ahead with placing ad in paper etc etc....Thursday night prior to press on Friday Agency (BB) phone and say they cant reduce fee??????? even though verbally agreed. Obviously we were very very upset and angry but as it was going to press what could we do?
After much ado we agreed to keep at old rate, reduce price but bring in another new agent. ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME? IM CONFUSED MYSELF!!!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Second Viewing!!!!!!!

APOLOGIES HALF THE STORY GOT LOBBED OFF!
Hi Everyone
Havent been on much the last two weeks as my mum has been seriously ill and Ive had wranglings with the estate agents. Long and short of it all is that I had an agent (KB) since August and only got 2 viewings. After end of first contract 8 weeks they agreed to go sole joint for 1.2% with another agency (BB). We have been on with them for 5 weeks.......zilch nada nothing!!!!
Agency (BB) came round last monday and suggested we reduce the price....we have already taken £10k off and now they suggest a further 5%. We initially said no but agreed if they would reduce to 1%. Agency one (KB) refused so terminated contract....stress stress and Agency two (BB) initially refused but then accepted and went ahead with placing ad in paper etc etc....Thursday night prior to press on Friday Agency (BB) phone and say they cant reduce fee??????? even though verbally agreed. Obviously we were very very upset and angry but as it was going to press what could we do?
After much ado we agreed to keep at old rate, reduce price but bring in another new agent. ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME? IM CONFUSED MYSELF!!!
I phoned a new agency (PE) and they came round on Friday promised to get info on the net Sat. Sunday afternoon we have a viewing hooray!!!! someone wants my house?
They came again for a second viewing last night and appear to be very very keen. I couldnt sleep at all last night and felt worried and anxious. Firstly about whether they want the house but also if they do.....I will be leaving my house. A double edged sword really quite sad and happy at the same time.
Anyway today the agent calls and tells me they wish to put in an offer for 9k less than asking price. Considering that we have already reduced it 26k i politely told him to refuse the offer. This was this morning and I havent heard since. Am starting to panic but really cannot accept this offer.
The other half says it only went on the market on Saturday with new price and its going in the paper on Friday by both agents at new price so again hopefully it will draw interest.....
What would you do?
Anyway I need lots of positive karma and every single finger and toe crossed where possible. Lets hope they can be reasonable and see what a bargain they are getting. I sound tough to the agent but really im just a swan swimming like mad under the water.
Will keep you posted....apologies for long post but had to speak to someone otherwise i will burst!!!!!
Irene
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:53 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Second Viewing!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by parkhigh
APOLOGIES HALF THE STORY GOT LOBBED OFF!
Hi Everyone
I phoned a new agency (PE) and they came round on Friday promised to get info on the net Sat. Sunday afternoon we have a viewing hooray!!!! someone wants my house?
They came again for a second viewing last night and appear to be very very keen. I couldnt sleep at all last night and felt worried and anxious. Firstly about whether they want the house but also if they do.....I will be leaving my house. A double edged sword really quite sad and happy at the same time.
Anyway today the agent calls and tells me they wish to put in an offer for 9k less than asking price. Considering that we have already reduced it 26k i politely told him to refuse the offer. This was this morning and I havent heard since. Am starting to panic but really cannot accept this offer.
The other half says it only went on the market on Saturday with new price and its going in the paper on Friday by both agents at new price so again hopefully it will draw interest.....
What would you do?
Anyway I need lots of positive karma and every single finger and toe crossed where possible. Lets hope they can be reasonable and see what a bargain they are getting. I sound tough to the agent but really im just a swan swimming like mad under the water.
Will keep you posted....apologies for long post but had to speak to someone otherwise i will burst!!!!!
Irene

Blimey! Good luck with it all........karma as requested!

Phil x
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope things get sorted asap!!! Karma on it way, its needed

Sue
Old Nov 17th 2004, 1:34 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Irene!!! STOP!! Breathe!!!! Get a brown paper bag woman!..innn.... ouut .... OK now???

FWIW I would sit tight, esp as you've only just reduced the price again. sounds like you've lobbed enough off already!!!!

Good Luck!!! Karma on its way

Petra
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all
Thanks everyone!!! I have to say that I do still feel panicky but am not!! no im not going to call the estate agent as hard as it may be. I have to try and keep cool and if its meant to be than its meant to be!!
Im starting to get the positive vibes though folks thanks very much.
I will keep you appraised of all the latest news. We are still hoping that we may be able to get there for start of term next year.....
as you said artep "STOP!! Breathe!!!! Get a brown paper bag woman!..innn.... ouut ...." Here I go again!!

Thanks everyone keep all your fingers and toes crossed.
Irene
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello everyone
Another update!! I hadnt heard a thing all day and have started to get jittery. So I made rich call the agent up about 7pm. He rang on the pretence of giving the agent a pat on the back but also wanted info. The agent implied that they are not out of the game but are awaiting an offer on their house today or tomorrow so they are not really in a position to be bargaining with us.

Hopefully if they get their asking price they may come back to us. If not lets see what the weekend brings. Again thanks for the karma its definitely helping and I know that im not alone we are all quaking in our boots at the moment.
Will keep you posted thanks again for yr support.
irene
Old Nov 17th 2004, 7:56 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Hello everyone
Another update!! I hadnt heard a thing all day and have started to get jittery. So I made rich call the agent up about 7pm. He rang on the pretence of giving the agent a pat on the back but also wanted info. The agent implied that they are not out of the game but are awaiting an offer on their house today or tomorrow so they are not really in a position to be bargaining with us.

Hopefully if they get their asking price they may come back to us. If not lets see what the weekend brings. Again thanks for the karma its definitely helping and I know that im not alone we are all quaking in our boots at the moment.
Will keep you posted thanks again for yr support.
irene

Hi Irene,

I know exactly how you feel - we are going through the same thing with our house selling. We had 3 months of waiting for a buyer and now we have one and they have a flat to sell!!! So could take ages, or could even fall apart yet - so I'm quaking too!!!

It's a horrible/stressful time trying to sell the house!!! :scared:

I've sent you karma and I really hope you get a buyer soon and it all goes through smoothly!

Good luck, fingers crossed!

Shell