Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Second hand car prices ????

Second hand car prices ????

Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:32 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second hand car prices ????

European cars coats heaps over here as well, guess there exotic

Originally Posted by stu:0
I cant belive the second hand car prices in oz. Plan to sell my beloved golf gti, only worth about £4500 and buy somthing similar until we get settled but the same sort of car would be twice the price whats that all about
Stu
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
European cars coats heaps over here as well, guess there exotic
Apart from the VW Golf/Jetta which is cheaper here than it is in the UK.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:31 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Second hand car prices ????

Originally Posted by chels
With the increasing popularity of European and Japanese small cars, which aren't built for hammering out long distances, will we see a cheaper second hand market in the future?
"Increasing popularity"? Australians have been driving Japanese cars since 1958. How much more popular can they get?

IMHO the 2nd hand market will become cheaper as the population grows larger.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:35 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Apart from the VW Golf/Jetta which is cheaper here than it is in the UK.
The golf i found on a site was a bog standard thing and it was crazy money. What is the main make of car most people go for over there, Holden??

Stu
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:45 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

The golf i found on a site was a bog standard thing and it was crazy money. What is the main make of car most people go for over there, Holden??

Stu
Holden, Ford, Toyota are probably the big 3. Mazda, Hyundai, Honda, Mitsubishi, Kia, Daewoo are common too. (Did I miss any?) European cars are few and far between.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:51 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I noticed the high prices too, I drive a 2003 Volvo here, and for a similar price in Oz Id be back to a 2000 model

I plan to get an old knackered ute with an 8 liter V8.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:52 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by worzel
Holden, Ford, Toyota are probably the big 3. Mazda, Hyundai, Honda, Mitsubishi, Kia, Daewoo are common too. (Did I miss any?) European cars are few and far between.
Do youget many of the old mazda mx3 s about? The missus had a minter untill some old dear went into it and wrote it off. Whats the crack with no mot's???

stu
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

I cant belive the second hand car prices in oz. Plan to sell my beloved golf gti, only worth about £4500 and buy somthing similar until we get settled but the same sort of car would be twice the price whats that all about
Stu
We're gonna get either a Ford Falcon or Holden Commodore, mid 90's, 3.8 V6 for around $6000. Loads about, big family runaround, cheap spares. A bit of drop from our original idea of a new 4x4 which then dropped to a newish 4x4 which then got downgraded to an old beat up 4x4. Exploration will have to wait a while!

This is in addition to a bike each (motorcycle). Mine's already sorted. Y2K GSXR750 (A$8500)

Andy
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Can anyone tell me what a 7 seater eg. Ford Galaxy, Renault Espace, Toyota Previa is called out in Perth.

Thanks

Nikki
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:32 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Do youget many of the old mazda mx3 s about? The missus had a minter untill some old dear went into it and wrote it off. Whats the crack with no mot's???

stu
MX5 / MX7 I have seen. Plenty of old 323's (Astinas) too.

PS These websites are among the best for research:

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/
http://carsguide.news.com.au/
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic938
Can anyone tell me what a 7 seater eg. Ford Galaxy, Renault Espace, Toyota Previa is called out in Perth.

Thanks

Nikki
Hi Nikki, Haven't seen any Ford Galaxy's, Toyota Previa is called a Tarrago and quite popular, Not many Renault's though.

John
Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:00 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

stu
ive told you stu. you can have my 91' magna. it just sits i the garage. mind you someone offered me a carton for it the other day and i was tempted as long as it was a 30 pack.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:38 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Hi Nikki, Haven't seen any Ford Galaxy's, Toyota Previa is called a Tarrago and quite popular, Not many Renault's though.

John
There is a Ford Galaxie. No idea what it was but they haven't made one for 30+ years.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by worzel
There is a Ford Galaxie. No idea what it was but they haven't made one for 30+ years.
Lol,no use for me then. Would like something a tad newer!

Thanks anyway

Nikki
Old Mar 9th 2007, 3:10 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic938

Thanks

Nikki

i love my ford galaxy, not sure what could be similar for a reasonable price will be watching to see if anyone sugests something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.