Seat back TV's

Old Aug 11th 2004, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seat back TV's

Hi All

I'm still waiting to sell my house.So in a bit of a day dream I imagined myself on the Singapore airlines plane watching something entertaining on the seatback Telly. We are thinking of taking a evening/nightflight and wondered what happens to my TV when the person in front of me decideds to recline there seat. Do I have to slide onto the floor so that I can still see what's happening or What ?
Old Aug 11th 2004, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seat back TV's

Originally Posted by RichnKim
Hi All

I'm still waiting to sell my house.So in a bit of a day dream I imagined myself on the Singapore airlines plane watching something entertaining on the seatback Telly. We are thinking of taking a evening/nightflight and wondered what happens to my TV when the person in front of me decideds to recline there seat. Do I have to slide onto the floor so that I can still see what's happening or What ?
The screens on the Singapore Airlines planes do rotate a bit, but they can become quite difficult to see when the person in front reclines. You don't need to go quite as far as laying ong the floor, but you do need to slide down in your seat a bit!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 1:20 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if all airlines have these as standard now or are there any that don't on the way to Oz?

Paul.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 1:24 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Does anyone know if all airlines have these as standard now or are there any that don't on the way to Oz?

Paul.

They're pretty much standard on all the major operators.

And when the person in front reclines, you can tilt the little screen to a better angle. Seems to work.

Flew Emirates last November and got sucked into playing solitaire and, more amusing, plane-wide trivia where you get to compete with your fellow passengers!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 1:28 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
They're pretty much standard on all the major operators.

And when the person in front reclines, you can tilt the little screen to a better angle. Seems to work.

Flew Emirates last November and got sucked into playing solitaire and, more amusing, plane-wide trivia where you get to compete with your fellow passengers!
Thanks.

--------
Old Aug 11th 2004, 1:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy

Paul.
Paul
I have travelled with most of the major carriers and they generally have seat back videos. Most do tilt so you can see them OK.
Malaysian are as good as any and have more legroom than the rest.
They also tend to be less crowded and cramped than Singapore.

G
Old Aug 11th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone. One thing less to worry about
Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:16 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichnKim
Thanks everyone. One thing less to worry about
I don't think BA/Qantas "guarantee" the seat back TVs, some of their planes still don't have them. Royal Brunai don't either.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

we went home last year, and on account of the 2 nippers needing to be entertained I did some research on seat back screens.
BA/Q will ot guarantee them as they still have a % of their fleet on the old planes. At time of our flights only Emirates and SQ would guarantee a seatback screen. For us it was then SQ as they have a more direct route - I've been hearing really good things about Emirates of late though.

As far as tilting the screen goes. Yes you can do that, or alternatively you can give the fella in front a hearty slap.

The best bet thouigh with SQ is to ring up 48 hours prior and demand the bulkhead seats
Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth
I don't think BA/Qantas "guarantee" the seat back TVs, some of their planes still don't have them. Royal Brunai don't either.

True - I flew Qantas LA-NZ-OZ and it didnt have a seat back TV. Thai Airlines don't either. To be honest, I just popped a couple of sleeping tablets and got through the trip that way
Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:07 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mlbonner
True - I flew Qantas LA-NZ-OZ and it didnt have a seat back TV. Thai Airlines don't either. To be honest, I just popped a couple of sleeping tablets and got through the trip that way
How long ago did you do the LA-Aus trip?
Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:17 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

I'm heading for Adelaide next month via New York/Las Vegas/Hawaii/Sydney. Flying BA/American Airlines/Qantas.

I don't think seat back TVs are guaranteed on any of these

Unless of course you know better?

Elaine M
Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:22 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Elaine M
I'm heading for Adelaide next month via New York/Las Vegas/Hawaii/Sydney. Flying BA/American Airlines/Qantas.

I don't think seat back TVs are guaranteed on any of these

Unless of course you know better?

Elaine M
Oh dear, I seriously hope there are. 20 hours all up with two kids aged 3 and 5 without some sort of entertainment like that will send me and the wife around the twist.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Might as well rename yourself Chubby Checker now or change to SQ.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 6:39 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ulujain
How long ago did you do the LA-Aus trip?

January 2003. I did it on my way here for my WHV, as I went Vegas for New Year with some friends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.