Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Seaford - Meadows, Rise or Heights?

Seaford - Meadows, Rise or Heights?

Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

dlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nice
Default Seaford - Meadows, Rise or Heights?

We are in the process of emigrating on a 176 visa with state nomination to Adelaide, after alot of searching i have come across Seaford. I would love some feedback on this area and which is the better place to live i.e: meadows, rise, or heights.
My husband is a cnc programmer, we have 2 children, a girl 15 and a boy 7. We would like to move to an area where there is plenty to do and not too far away from the beach. Where we live now in Blaxton Doncaster south yorkshire there is nothing to do and its like living in the country so i would like to get away from this and be somewhere a bit more lively where it will be easy to make friends and not be too isolated. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading
Old Feb 7th 2012, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seaford - Meadows, Rise or Heights?

Originally Posted by dlowe
We are in the process of emigrating on a 176 visa with state nomination to Adelaide, after alot of searching i have come across Seaford. I would love some feedback on this area and which is the better place to live i.e: meadows, rise, or heights.
My husband is a cnc programmer, we have 2 children, a girl 15 and a boy 7. We would like to move to an area where there is plenty to do and not too far away from the beach. Where we live now in Blaxton Doncaster south yorkshire there is nothing to do and its like living in the country so i would like to get away from this and be somewhere a bit more lively where it will be easy to make friends and not be too isolated. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading
All of them are nice enough area's and to be honest I don't think any of them are far enough away from the other to make much of a difference. I would certainly live in any of them.

More importantly though is where the work is. No point living in Seaford and your OH working somewhere North of Adelaide - the travel is a killer (I know, I did it in reverse for 5 months before I had to get work closer to home! traveled from Para Hills to Seaford every day)

My advice is look for somewhere to stay that is a bit more central until he gets work, then decide where to live more permanently
Old Feb 8th 2012, 3:26 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
My advice is look for somewhere to stay that is a bit more central until he gets work, then decide where to live more permanently
Absolutely! We lived in Surry Downs and I worked on Henley Beach Rd. An hour's drive each way was a killer! Once I moved work to Women's & Childrens and we moved house to Klemzig the 15 minute commute was much more agreeable.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

dlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nicedlowe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Absolutely! We lived in Surry Downs and I worked on Henley Beach Rd. An hour's drive each way was a killer! Once I moved work to Women's & Childrens and we moved house to Klemzig the 15 minute commute was much more agreeable.
Many thanks for your replies. I suppose it does make great sense to see where my OH gets work so we will have to look nearer the time. Just trying to do a bit Of homework on areas but not sure when we will be out there as tra holding everything up. They received our application on the 13th October and we are still waiting. Its so frustrating. You mentioned Dorothy women's and childrens work, is that in child protection for social services as I used to be a support worker in this field and this is something I want to get back into as I loved it. I did it for 3 years.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlowe
Many thanks for your replies. I suppose it does make great sense to see where my OH gets work so we will have to look nearer the time. Just trying to do a bit Of homework on areas but not sure when we will be out there as tra holding everything up. They received our application on the 13th October and we are still waiting. Its so frustrating. You mentioned Dorothy women's and childrens work, is that in child protection for social services as I used to be a support worker in this field and this is something I want to get back into as I loved it. I did it for 3 years.
It is frustrating all the waiting isn't it! But it's worth it in the end (well, I think it is anyway ) Hope you hear from the TRA soon

Womens and Childrens is a hospital in the City