Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

scouts in Birkdale/cleveland

scouts in Birkdale/cleveland

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default scouts in Birkdale/cleveland

Anyone has information on a scout group in the local area, my daughter 11yrs is interested in joining.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 3:08 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: scouts in Birkdale/cleveland

Originally Posted by lissylee
Anyone has information on a scout group in the local area, my daughter 11yrs is interested in joining.
Girl Guides is very popular around here, my 13 year old daughter goes to our local one, it has about 25 members.

Cleveland Scouts: http://cleveland.scoutsqld.com.au/

Girl Guides QLD: http://www.guidesqld.org/index.php?o...=171&Itemid=68

When I was young, the boys joined the Boy Scouts and the girls joined the Girl Guides. What happened to change that ?

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that information
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Girl Guides is very popular around here, my 13 year old daughter goes to our local one, it has about 25 members.

Cleveland Scouts: http://cleveland.scoutsqld.com.au/

Girl Guides QLD: http://www.guidesqld.org/index.php?o...=171&Itemid=68

When I was young, the boys joined the Boy Scouts and the girls joined the Girl Guides. What happened to change that ?
My daughter did brownies in the UK and then one week of Guides. She then left and joined the Scouts and had a ball. Much more fun, do much better stuff.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:20 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

theres scouts in birkdale and cleveland and i know kids that go to each of them. cant remember what days there on but have a feeling cleveland was fri and birkdale was tuesday.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:39 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My daughter did brownies in the UK and then one week of Guides. She then left and joined the Scouts and had a ball. Much more fun, do much better stuff.
Come on then... What do they do at Scouts ?

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:21 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Come on then... What do they do at Scouts ?
dib dib dib, dob dob dob.