Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

scottish newbie!

scottish newbie!

Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:22 pm
Scottish member

goodfellauk will become famous soon enough
Smile scottish newbie!

HI forum! I would just like to comment on such a helpful and informative forum.
My family (myself,wife and two kids)are planning on emmigration to oz. We really fancy settling in tasmania on a PR.My wife is a staff nurse with 14 years experience and i am a residential social worker working in secure accomodation for young offenders.My wife amanda is fully qualified but i am not although i have experience and excellent references!.I would really like to continue working in this field and was wondering if there are opportunities in this line of work in tasmania.My wife should find work easy enough as there is a shortage of nurses!!!(fingers crossed).any info would be greatly appreciated by the way in Scotland just now its 5 degrees and pouring with rain lol

Many Thanks

Jim

Last edited by goodfellauk; Apr 28th 2005 at 12:29 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:29 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: scottish newbie!

As Tassie has a rep of being full of inbreds (wholly undeserved but still a standing joke), you may have alot of business

Welcome to the forum!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by goodfellauk
My family (myself,wife and two kids)are planning on emmigration to oz. We really fancy settling in tasmania on a PR.My wife is a staff nurse with 14 years experience and i am a residential social worker working in secure accomodation for young offenders.My wife amanda is fully qualified but i am not although i have experience and excellent references!.I would really like to continue working in this field and was wondering if there are opportunities in this line of work in tasmania.My wife should find work easy enough as there is a shortage of nurses!!!(fingers crossed).any info would be greatly appreciated by the way in Scotland just now its 5 degrees and pouring with rain lol

Many Thanks

Jim
welcome to the forum. sorry can't help with job prospects but saw weather forecast for tas earlier tonight and if I remember correctly it's 12 and raining- not much of an improvement on kirriemuir! Hubby and i are originally from North Berwick and Kirkcaldy respectively - now in Perth. There are loads of Scots over here. you will feel quite at home!
Cheers
Yv
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:45 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum... the expats madhouse.
Any questions about the application just ask as there are plenty of lovley people on here who are willing to oblige you with some advice.

Good Luck with your application
Ang & Rich
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Many Thanks

Jim
Cannot help you re: Tassie, but I'm sure someone will be able to..

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your application

Karma sent
Cas
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:41 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Scotland just now its 5 degrees and pouring with rain lol

Many Thanks

Jim [/QUOTE]

I here you brother!! Just went for a walk to the shops, why walk when the wind can blow you there. lol
Jim
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

G'day Jim,

Perhaps you could help the many delinquents that roam this forum

Your wife might find the nurses forum handy too........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Welcome mate
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:03 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
G'day Jim,

Perhaps you could help the many delinquents that roam this forum

Your wife might find the nurses forum handy too........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Welcome mate
Did someone say Delinquent?????

Welcome to the forum from a Scot soon to become an Aussie.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:24 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YFitz
welcome to the forum. sorry can't help with job prospects but saw weather forecast for tas earlier tonight and if I remember correctly it's 12 and raining- not much of an improvement on kirriemuir! Hubby and i are originally from North Berwick and Kirkcaldy respectively - now in Perth. There are loads of Scots over here. you will feel quite at home!
Cheers
Yv
sorry to take this thread off topic but my hubby is from n.berwick also. wonder if they know each other? how weird would that be if they did !
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Many Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim & family

You must work at Noranside, I used to live in Woodlands crescent 25 years ago.

We drove past there a few weeks ago, hasn't changed much in that time!!

Hope you enjoy the forum

Bill
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:06 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Many Thanks

Jim
Good to see some more Scots We're just 'down the road' in Perth - unfortunately that's not Perth, Australia!
Carolyn
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks

Jim
Hi Jim. I've no idea on your work questions but just wanted to say welcome to the forum. Information, entertainment and madness in equal measures
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
sorry to take this thread off topic but my hubby is from n.berwick also. wonder if they know each other? how weird would that be if they did !
Did hubby spend time in secure accomodation then VM ?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:53 pm
Scottish member

goodfellauk will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: scottish newbie!

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Hi Jim & family

You must work at Noranside, I used to live in Woodlands crescent 25 years ago.

We drove past there a few weeks ago, hasn't changed much in that time!!

Hope you enjoy the forum

Bill
Hi Bill i dont work at noranside i work at rossie at montrose!! not too far away in your estimations though ). I am enjoying the forum thanks everyone for all the words of kindness and encouragement!!

Jim
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vegemite Kids
Think everybody from N. Berwick knows each other! Will PM you hubby's details.
Yvonne