Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots meet for children

Scots meet for children

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:33 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scots meet for children

Originally Posted by dekandwends
Gill,
mental eh ? Three families within three miles of each other !! I hope this rule doesn't apply all over in the UK, or Oz is going to struggle to fit us all in. Best of luck with the move all, hope to be joining you all soon enough. ( with the weather out there today it cannae come too quick )
Dek.
You're right. When we had the shippers out to quote, they said they'd had massive numbers of poeple moving from the Falkirk/Stirling area this year!!! And that was before they decided to contaminate our water!!

Do your kids go to Wallacestone or St Margaret's? There's a couple of twin girls at Wallacestone but I think they're p1 so prob not yours.

BTW, there's a fair few family friendly places to meet near us. ACHB2 and I met there at Bewsters a few weeks ago, there's also Beancross Farm and for a smaller meet, Ceramic Experience or the Leisure Centre (has a soft play in it).

Last summer we all had a meet at a pub near M & D's. We all sat in the beer garden and the kids just played around us - worked well as it was a hot day.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:44 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Just thought I'd post my daughters thoughts she's 4!

I have set Ethan up (10 yr old) on msn talking to another boy his age who is also goin to Oz which has been gr8! he now smiles at the mention of Oz (and quadbikes lol).

Azaria today looked unhappy and said "mum you haven't got me any friends who are going to Oz" I said yes I did we went for lunch with them last week. She said "well there not going to the same place" and got upset

Still love you and the Girls Gill but looks like she would like a posse of friends not a couple lol

So whilst we are happy to meet anyone going anywhere a wee request from Azaria

" Anyone going to the Goldcoast for me to play with"

Looking forward to it!

Andreaxx
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:59 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Are peeps still up for a wee child friendly meet! No one seems to have posted many options of meeting places. 20th may be here before we know it.

Axx
Old May 1st 2007, 9:46 am
Just Joined

buffy1968 will become famous soon enoughbuffy1968 will become famous soon enough

Ok yes lets make a decision and say that we'll meet up on Sunday the 20th May.
Between 11am and Midday in Craigtoun Country Park,St Andrews.Can you suggest an area to meet up at there as we haven't been there before?We will bring our cuddly friends kangaroo and koala,so we can be recognised.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by buffy1968
Between 11am and Midday in Craigtoun Country Park,St Andrews.Can you suggest an area to meet up at there as we haven't been there before?We will bring our cuddly friends kangaroo and koala,so we can be recognised.
The Kids Adventure Playground is a good place to meet. Once you go through the main gate, cross over the bridge onto the grass and walk to the left up to the adventure play park.

Or anywhere else.

Bobby
Old May 1st 2007, 10:54 am
Banned

If St Andrews is Ok for everybody to get to, this is prob fine.
Old May 1st 2007, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

buffy1968 will become famous soon enoughbuffy1968 will become famous soon enough

Will meet up at the kids adventure play ground then.See you all then
Old May 1st 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Will meet up at the kids adventure play ground then.See you all then
We are not in Oz yet so we better say weather permitting.

Bobby
Old May 1st 2007, 6:48 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
We are not in Oz yet so we better say weather permitting.

Bobby
We'll do our best to get there. We've got a wedding the night before though so might be a little late.

.....and we won't be talking to anyone going to the Gold Coast

Gill
Old May 1st 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Daxver will become famous soon enoughDaxver will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by herrchook
We'll do our best to get there. We've got a wedding the night before though so might be a little late.

Gill
Hi there, Sunday 20 sounds good for us - Hopefully see you all at the adventure playground!

Michelle
Old May 1st 2007, 7:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by herrchook

Gill
After the meet where all bar about 3 couples were going to the Goldcoast/Brisbane are your gona be lonely
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:38 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by acbh2
After the meet where all bar about 3 couples were going to the Goldcoast/Brisbane are your gona be lonely

nnnnaaaahhhhhhh
Old May 5th 2007, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

carolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hi guys,

We have now booked up to go in June and our 10 yr old is a little apprehensive about the move so I have told him I'll try and arrange for him to meet some other children/teens who are also heading to Oz

Hence this post! Anyone with children who fancies meeting up after 10th may give us a shout, I also have a four yr old daughter.

Hopefully meeting some other kids will boost him up a bit.

Cheers

Andreaxx
Hiya Andrea
Met you guys in Glasgow Nov and still cant get head round this web site!
Have you had meet? If not count us in as now HAVE VISA!!!!!!!
Ours are almost 13 and girl 8 so they would love to meet up!
This site is bloody terrible to try and navigate......will be in OZ before Ive mastered I think LOL!
Hope catch up soon with kids
Carolyn X
Old May 6th 2007, 11:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by carolynbubble
Hiya Andrea
Met you guys in Glasgow Nov and still cant get head round this web site!
Have you had meet? If not count us in as now HAVE VISA!!!!!!!
Ours are almost 13 and girl 8 so they would love to meet up!
This site is bloody terrible to try and navigate......will be in OZ before Ive mastered I think LOL!
Hope catch up soon with kids
Carolyn X
Hi Carolyn,
I remember you to as I stayed sober lol! BE takes practice but it does get easier honest!! Congrats on the visa great news! Will be good to meet up will chat soon as I am just off to the library to study

Andreaxx
Old May 6th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

kazandjim will become famous soon enoughkazandjim will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Scots meet for children

Hi,
count us in. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.