Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots in Australia

Scots in Australia

Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:53 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scots in Australia

I hold my hands up to hanging around the MBTTUK fourm, but it seems like a helluva lot of scots are returning to bonnie scotland, not only on BE but i also have met 3 scottish couples since being here (18 months), one couple gone back and 2 planning thier return,

perhaps its me

So are there any scots out there staying

Last edited by Margaret3; Oct 8th 2008 at 8:01 am.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scots in Australia

My oh is staying he better I know three other couples and they are all staying too.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I hold my hands up to hanging around the MBTTUK fourm, but it seems like a helluva lot of scots are returning to bonnie scotland, not only on BE but i also have met 3 scottish couples since being here (18 months), one couple gone back and 2 planning thier return,

perhaps its me

Yep we're staying. Having just spent 2 weeks back in Glasgow wild horses could not drag me back.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi well we spent June back in Scotland & I think it allowed me to accept we miss folk not the place. No plans to return at present.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:27 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

love it here. 16 months now and it just gets better!
miss friends and family and have the odd hankering for good black pud etc, which is sad, but other than that our quality of life has soared, we both earn more and the wildlife warms my heart. everything we'd hoped and more.

never did a reccie, never been before but from day one i have viewed mbttuk to see what hacked people off, and found this invaluable.

hope everybody staying or going, finds their nirvana
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there's a higher percentage of Scots returning. I think it's the same as getting a new car after hardly ever seeing that model on the road and suddenly you see stacks. They stick out more (if you get my drift ).
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:41 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Well Im staying in Oz Margaret!! If I ever do go back to UK it definately won`t be to Scotland - I visited my hometown just before we moved out here (had been in South of England for last 10 years) I definately don`t belong there anymore, everyone I knew has moved on & so have I to be honest
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

perhaps its me

We both love the lifestyle here, no way we would go back to Glasgow!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brissydeb
We both love the lifestyle here, no way we would go back to Glasgow!!
Hi Deb,
I remember meeting you in that crappy pub in Edinburgh who did not like people who did not want to eat a full meal/ or had kids!

How are things going?
We are still waiting for the house to sell!
HKA
x
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Hi Deb,
I remember meeting you in that crappy pub in Edinburgh who did not like people who did not want to eat a full meal/ or had kids!

How are things going?
HKA
x
hey! there are no crap pubs in Edinburgh! unless it was one of the aussie ones
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Hi Deb,

How are things going?
HKA
x
Loving it here, we do more at the weekends and it makes such a difference to wake up to blue skies!! At first it is hard but once you start working and meeting folk it makes you feel more settled!
Hope you get a buyer for the house soon.

Debbie
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:19 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the reassuring replies, i was hoping my train of thought was a bit like moneypen described.

Deb , how long you been in oz??, i must admit i was ok for about 3 months, 4 months well...............there are things i love (especially the weather), and things that drive me mad (mostly financial, educational and health), i defo can see why people luv melbourne its fantastic, but for it to be fantastic FOR LIFE, FOR ME, well am not too sure!!

but am glad there a few scots staying looks like we will be here for the foreseeable future, cant say am too happy about it though, but am tough ole bird , i'll put me best foot forward,

Last edited by Margaret3; Oct 8th 2008 at 11:23 am.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:27 am
Account Closed

thanks for the reassuring replies, i was hoping my train of thought was a bit like moneypen described.

Deb , how long you been in oz??, i must admit i was ok for about 3 months, 4 months well...............

but am glad there a few scots staying looks like we will be here for the foreseeable future, cant say am too happy about it though, but a tough ole bird , i'll put me best foot forward,
sorry you are not settled pet. know how it is to feel like that, we moved within scotland and had a lot of the feelings i see vocalised on mbttuk by people all over. difficult to lift yourself out of it, but you're a scot so you will manage
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kporte
love it here. 16 months now and it just gets better!
miss friends and family and have the odd hankering for good black pud etc, which is sad, but other than that our quality of life has soared, we both earn more and the wildlife warms my heart. everything we'd hoped and more.

never did a reccie, never been before but from day one i have viewed mbttuk to see what hacked people off, and found this invaluable.

hope everybody staying or going, finds their nirvana
Hi,

Sorry for being thick.. DUH!! But what does mbttuk mean??

Rgds,

Tony.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

We're staying Margaret. Been here over a year now and loving the way of life. Only plan on going back for a holiday at some point (if we can save enough that is).

Ann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.