Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots in Australia

Scots in Australia

Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:43 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scots in Australia

another forum on the site where people moving back to the uk can chat about stuff
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:44 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanttobedownunder
Hi,

Sorry for being thick.. DUH!! But what does mbttuk mean??

Rgds,

Tony.
Moving Back to the UK
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:44 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I hold my hands up to hanging around the MBTTUK fourm, but it seems like a helluva lot of scots are returning to bonnie scotland, not only on BE but i also have met 3 scottish couples since being here (18 months), one couple gone back and 2 planning thier return,

perhaps its me

So are there any scots out there staying

Meeeeeee

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
Thanx,

DUH!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BertieB
We're staying Margaret. Been here over a year now and loving the way of life. Only plan on going back for a holiday at some point (if we can save enough that is).

Ann
i don't want to go back, primarily because leaving my mum was so shit
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
i don't want to go back, primarily because leaving my mum was so shit
that's the downside eh? Same when the folks come out here for a holiday. Dread that day having to take them to the airport. Makes you feel sad thinking about it and they're not even here yet
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wanttobedownunder
Thanx,

DUH!!

noooooooooooo dont go there, only joking!!! , naaah it makes you feel you are quite sane to think the thing you think
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:55 am
Account Closed

that's the downside eh? Same when the folks come out here for a holiday. Dread that day having to take them to the airport. Makes you feel sad thinking about it and they're not even here yet
the one fly in the ointment for both my wife and i. my outlaws are coming for 3 months next month, and my wife is already stressed about them going!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

noooooooooooo dont go there, only joking!!! , naaah it makes you feel you are quite sane to think the thing you think
Me, but then again I only got here 11 days ago!!!!
I will miss friends, family, Scotland as a nation, not the way it is turning though!

Viva Australia
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:56 am
Account Closed

I think i badly need a trip back to scotland so i can make up my mind once and for all, the rest of family are settled here, but l long to see (the few, family i have in scotland) including my mum, bros, fav aunt and uncle, just long to go back to scotland,

think it'll kill me or cure me,

but now everyone is busy with their lives here its getting more and more diffiuclt to plan to go back, my daughters would love a trip back and so would i, but they want it when they are not doing this or that here , OH doesnt wan to go back at all
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LUNANBAY
Me, but then again I only got here 11 days ago!!!!
I will miss friends, family, Scotland as a nation, not the way it is turning though!

Viva Australia

talk to me in 12 months babe i dont mean to sound cruel, but emigrating is a process and we've all been at your stage,

does anyone have that link to 'the emigration process', polly usually posts at, to i check wot stage am at.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

I think i badly need a trip back to scotland so i can make up my mind once and for all, the rest of family are settled here, but l long to see (the few, family i have in scotland) including my mum, bros, fav aunt and uncle, just long to go back to scotland,

think it'll kill me or cure me,

but now everyone is busy with their lives here its getting more and more diffiuclt to plan to go back, my daughters would love a trip back and so would i, but they want it when they are not doing this or that here , OH doesnt wan to go back at all

Margaret

We have been here nearly 6 months and to be honest the first 3 months on several occassions I though WTF have we done!! Until last week my OH had no intention on going back to Scotland ever again but we found out on Thursday that we have a wee nephew so Jeff would like to go back to see him at some point!! Hope it works out for you Mags, maybe a wee trip to Scotland in the freezing winter will make you realise how good things are here!!

Debbie
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Dorothy, nice to know your watching
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Been here almost 16 months and already been back to Bonnie Aberdeen for 6 weeks.

(Hubby and son very homesick and wanted to return.)

With 2 daughters still in Aberdeen, settling here has been more difficult.

I like it here, although I miss things and people from Scotland.

Our eldest daughter is coming over in 3 weeks time and I'm already dreading her going back. This will be our first visitor...... Mixed feelings, although very excited.

Watch this space!

Jan
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

jan i will be watching

had reservations starting this thread, expecting the usual crap (am sure it will still come), but so far, so good, a genuine thanks for the input

but am just a person trying to get 'on with it here' i can see the good and the bad, and i dont want to 'ping-pong', i truly wanna settle , am too old to not settle, so i truly think a wee trip back to bonnie scotland will help me decide, (although with my life this will take ages to organise)!!!!!,lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.