Reload this Page >

From Scotland to OZ much help needed

From Scotland to OZ much help needed

Old Feb 7th 2017, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

muzzy00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From Scotland to OZ much help needed

Hello all,

To break this down so I don't waffle on, I am from Scotland all my days I am a prison officer I wish like many people to move to over and live there. Here is where I am looking for the best way to go, I have been on looking at the job list for this year and my role is not there however it is in the consolidation list. I am not sure who to contact regarding this, can I apply to a prison from Scotland or do I need to be living in the country first.

I have close friend who I have worked with for many years and he is moving next week to New Zealand, his path was very simple he applied to all the prisons from Scotland and was asked to visit he does have family there however this was not his green light in so to speak.

I am a bit unsure if I sure be filling in form online as I can't be sure they are legit. Is there anyone that has moved with the same role as me and if so can you advise, i understand that this role is not in demand but as New Zealand see it as a need is there a chance for me in OZ.

Thank you all for reading and I hope there is a lifeline out there.
Marc
Old Feb 8th 2017, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Scotland to OZ much help needed

I can't help you, and was just browsing when I came across your post. But I'm sure that one of the things you need to mention on this thread is your nationality. You're obviously not Scottish, and English isn't your native language. I imagine that information would be important to any prospective employer.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 12:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muzzy00
Hello all,

To break this down so I don't waffle on, I am from Scotland all my days I am a prison officer I wish like many people to move to over and live there. Here is where I am looking for the best way to go, I have been on looking at the job list for this year and my role is not there however it is in the consolidation list. I am not sure who to contact regarding this, can I apply to a prison from Scotland or do I need to be living in the country first.

I have close friend who I have worked with for many years and he is moving next week to New Zealand, his path was very simple he applied to all the prisons from Scotland and was asked to visit he does have family there however this was not his green light in so to speak.

I am a bit unsure if I sure be filling in form online as I can't be sure they are legit. Is there anyone that has moved with the same role as me and if so can you advise, i understand that this role is not in demand but as New Zealand see it as a need is there a chance for me in OZ.

Thank you all for reading and I hope there is a lifeline out there.
Marc
Marc , you have been asking this same question for 5 years. What ever happened to Canada or New Zealand? People will be happy to help you, but it is ultimately up to you to do the work and research what you need to do. And to actually make it happen!
Old Feb 8th 2017, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

As you have spotted, prison officer is on the CSOL, meaning it needs sponsorship. None of the states sponsor it and the individual prison services are very unlikely to. I applied and was accepted a year ago for WA (I am an Australian citizen). However there were thousands of applicants.

Also, the system doesn't really allow sponsorship as the system is this.
Apply
Undertake written exams
Undertake psychometric exams
Undertake medical
Undertake physical test
Interview

Then, if successful, you go in a pool. Basically, all successful applicants are pending a place. The pool sits valid for a year. Some years everyone gets a place, some years no one and they have to go through it all again as the application is only valid 12 months.