Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools Rockingham

Schools Rockingham

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Tapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really niceTapuhi is just really nice
Default Schools Rockingham

Have tried a search here and couldn't really find the answer.

Looking at public High schools in and around Rockingham which is the best? I know it will depend on where we eventually live, I'll be working in Rockingham but need to reassure my 13 year old boy.

The four we are looking at are Safety Bay Senior High School, Comet Bay College, Warnbro Community High School and Rockingham Senior High School.

So personnal opinions please, experiences about what they are like, I want the nuts and bolts.

Many thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools Rockingham

Originally Posted by Tapuhi

Looking at public High schools in and around Rockingham which is the best? I know it will depend on where we eventually live, I'll be working in Rockingham but need to reassure my 13 year old boy.

The four we are looking at are Safety Bay Senior High School, Comet Bay College, Warnbro Community High School and Rockingham Senior High School.

So personnal opinions please, experiences about what they are like, I want the nuts and bolts.

Many thanks
Is your child academic?
If so then I'm afraid they are all poor (apart from Comet which I can't find data on).

Average % of kids in the top third for TEE (WA's equivalent to A levels) should be 33% if the school is average. Above this is better than state avarage (top independent schools will get over 60% into this top third bracket) below 33% is worse than state average.

Safety Bay 13% (state average 33%)
Warnboro 9% (state average 33%)
Rockingham 13.6% (state average 33%)

I wouldn't touch these schools with a barge pole if my child was going for a university place.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't touch these schools with a barge pole if my child was going for a university place.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that, totally and utterly!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:43 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I have several freinds who have children who have attended warnbro high and they have done perfectly reasonably there however my children do not attend there.
there are several very good private schools in the area
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tapuhi

Many thanks

I have two of my kids at one of these schools, so I have personal experience, pm me if you want to ask anything
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:03 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by squeezzii
I have several freinds who have children who have attended warnbro high and they have done perfectly reasonably there however my children do not attend there.
there are several very good private schools in the area
I must also mention my freind has a son at comet bay and she is very happy with his progress. The Safety Bay High School has an excellent soccer program-my daughter won a scholarship to their A team but I decided to send her to another school as I wanted her education to be the no.1 focus