Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools - pay or not?

Schools - pay or not?

Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Abject_Rage will become famous soon enoughAbject_Rage will become famous soon enough
Default Schools - pay or not?

We've just arrived in Melbourne on a UC 457 visa... can anyone tell me if we have to pay for schooling on this visa? I suspect we do.

thanks
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Schools - pay or not?

Originally Posted by Abject_Rage
We've just arrived in Melbourne on a UC 457 visa... can anyone tell me if we have to pay for schooling on this visa? I suspect we do.

thanks
Hi

You are not required to pay school fees when on a 457 in Melbourne, if child attending state school, however you will be asked for money towards books etc usually about $200 at primary school level. I think only NSW ask for school fees.

Where have you settled?

Caz
Old Mar 29th 2006, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Abject_Rage will become famous soon enoughAbject_Rage will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi

You are not required to pay school fees when on a 457 in Melbourne, if child attending state school, however you will be asked for money towards books etc usually about $200 at primary school level. I think only NSW ask for school fees.

Where have you settled?

Caz
Wow, thanks Caz, that's great news.

We're staying in a serviced apt in Frankston (only got here on Thurs, 3rd day at work today!) but are looking in the Mentone/Hampton/Edithvale area for a rental. Want to buy eventually in the same area, but may have to go to Aspendale Gardens/ Patterson Lakes or further south. Bit of a 'pin in the map', really, but I have a family (wife, 3 kids) and we want a good area, good schools and as close to the beach as we can afford!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Abject_Rage
Wow, thanks Caz, that's great news.

We're staying in a serviced apt in Frankston (only got here on Thurs, 3rd day at work today!) but are looking in the Mentone/Hampton/Edithvale area for a rental. Want to buy eventually in the same area, but may have to go to Aspendale Gardens/ Patterson Lakes or further south. Bit of a 'pin in the map', really, but I have a family (wife, 3 kids) and we want a good area, good schools and as close to the beach as we can afford!
My goodness they soon got you started, we are in Mount eliza just up the road from Frankston.

Good luck with your search and let me know if you need any further info.

Caz