Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools in Melbourne

Schools in Melbourne

Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:50 pm
Nick Worthington

nwortington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools in Melbourne

I am moving to Melbourne on 2nd June 2008, and have had many different stories regarding schooling. My visa is a 457 so will have to pay for school fees. I have two children aged 8 and 4. We are hoping to vary on with catholic education.

Has anyone any info about costs for education prices Price ranges from
2000 - 10000 for the 2 children.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:21 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Schools in Melbourne

Hi, hubby used to work in Westhoughton in Bolton you'll find it a nice change in Melbourne I'm sure

Where are you looking to settle? We emigrated to Sydney and on our reccie found we had to pay for education. However when we eventually emigrated (1 week in Sydney and now 4.5 years in Melbourne) we knew lots of friends that were on the visa and I'm pretty sure they didn't pay.

the catholic school around the corner from me is this http://www.sjvpdl.melb.catholic.edu.au/
can't comment on the school as I don't know anyone who goes there but did see a good community spirit a few weekends ago as all the parents and kids were doing a working bee. Maybe it would be worth emailing them and asking what the school fees would be?

I pay $270 each child incl. books and excursions at a non-catholic very community based school a few suburbs away.

HTH

LJJ
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nwortington
I am moving to Melbourne on 2nd June 2008, and have had many different stories regarding schooling. My visa is a 457 so will have to pay for school fees. I have two children aged 8 and 4. We are hoping to vary on with catholic education.

Has anyone any info about costs for education prices Price ranges from
2000 - 10000 for the 2 children.
Hi not got much information on schools but wanted to say hello as we live in Farnworth and are also moving to Melbourne hopefully on the 29th June (if house sells) Good luck with your move
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:41 pm
Nick Worthington

Many Thanks

Are you going on a 457 or 175 visa. I am going on 457 visa but we are applying for PR. My wife is a childrens nurse, and using her as main applicant as the skills assessment is relatively simple.

Where are you in Farnworth? My wife lived in Rawson Street, we now live in Harwood.

Hope you sell your house soon, have you thought of renting?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nwortington
Many Thanks

Are you going on a 457 or 175 visa. I am going on 457 visa but we are applying for PR. My wife is a childrens nurse, and using her as main applicant as the skills assessment is relatively simple.

Where are you in Farnworth? My wife lived in Rawson Street, we now live in Harwood.

Hope you sell your house soon, have you thought of renting?
I was born in Australia so husband has ended up with a spouse visa (PR).We live on North Avenue just off Plodder lane. Its a small world my husband used to live on Rawson street at no 29. Have to sell house to have funds to survive until we start work so hopefully a buyer will turn up soon. Have you got children?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:14 pm
Nick Worthington

How weird

My wife's family used to own old folks home on Rawson Street; they also had a house towards the bottom of Rawson Street (131).

Yes we have two kids, Joshua 8 and Abigail 4. We have just this minute got home from A&E; Joshua is now in plaster as he has fractured his ankle.

We where supposed to fly on 14th March to Melbourne, for two weeks recce/holiday prior to the big move in May.

All the best to you

Nick and Trisha Worthington

Email [email protected]