Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School's on the Gold Coast

School's on the Gold Coast

Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all
Question School's on the Gold Coast

I was just wondering if there is anything like our OFSED report here in the UK to see how good school's are in OZ (particulary Primary school's) ?.
If not how did you go about choosing the right school for your children ? Was it word of mouth or did you get the feel for the school whilst looking?

Thanks in advance

Laura
Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: School's on the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by Tweenies
I was just wondering if there is anything like our OFSED report here in the UK to see how good school's are in OZ (particulary Primary school's) ?.
If not how did you go about choosing the right school for your children ? Was it word of mouth or did you get the feel for the school whilst looking?

Thanks in advance

Laura
Laura
There are lots of schools on the GC. Depends on what area you think you will settle in. I have been to many schools on the GC and my decisions for schooling have both been based on feeling that it was the right school and also word of mouth.

I think that All Saints Anglican has to be one of the best schools - but that is just my own personal opinion.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all
Default Re: School's on the Gold Coast

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't pick any area of the Gold Coast as i thought if they did have something similar to our OFSTED report you can look up as many of the school's as you like to see if they are doing well. I haven't been able to find one looking for myself and thought if there was one someone on here would know about it.
As you say you get an idea of school's when you look around them. Thanks again.

Laura
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

hazey32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: School's on the Gold Coast

I have reading lots of your messages Laura and I was wondering how you are getting on with your paperwork? I'm a teacher up in the north of scotland and hopefully will be starting the endless amounts of forms soon.....may need your advice about that!!!! I was also wondering about schools as I have 2 children myself. It seems a lot of aussie children go to private schools and was curious whether there was a reason for that! (maybe I'm pessimistic). Please let me know if you find anything out.
Thanks Hazel x