Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools closed again - swine flu

Schools closed again - swine flu

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schools closed again - swine flu

Well that ends a term made up mostly of weeks with one or two days off due to strikes, shows, public holidays and pupil free days.

Now its swine flu, yes I do know swine flu can have dangerous implications in some people, however had to love the note, school will resume with the first week after having a pupil free day........

Erm hello, could this day not be used to catch up on the mountain of missed work:curse:

I really fear this year at school has been a total waste of space, hey sonny take your exams never mind you havent learnt half the freakin work
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Schools closed again - swine flu

think our kids are at the same school - mine is so excited to be getting the extra days and no exams until after the holidays. I don't feel so excited

Lynn xx
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Well that ends a term made up mostly of weeks with one or two days off due to strikes, shows, public holidays and pupil free days.

Now its swine flu, yes I do know swine flu can have dangerous implications in some people, however had to love the note, school will resume with the first week after having a pupil free day........

Erm hello, could this day not be used to catch up on the mountain of missed work:curse:

I really fear this year at school has been a total waste of space, hey sonny take your exams never mind you havent learnt half the freakin work
I must admit I was surprised when Qld Health relaxed the other swine flu meausres but said it would continue to close schools. WHen I asked for the logic, they said its the last week of term so what does it matter, just means the school may shut for the holidays a week early
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

WHen I asked for the logic, they said its the last week of term so what does it matter, just means the school may shut for the holidays a week early

Now if they were in primary I would know why they are saying that NEMO the bloody fish video or similar was the ahum 'education' the last week of nearly every term.

High school is very important, revision work and exams, they are letting the 10 11 and 12 kids do exams, which is good. However with most high schools here having up to a couple thousand kids, the chances of the school being closed time and time again is high.

I can already see where next term is heading....
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the4ofus
think our kids are at the same school - mine is so excited to be getting the extra days and no exams until after the holidays. I don't feel so excited

Lynn xx

Probably the same one, theres 2 closed now, dont do much school here do they Really getting worried now, I wish to gawd we had got them out of here a few years back, can you imagine fitting back into the UK system now
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:36 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the far north of Qld we have a new thing to worry about according to the press, we have 205 cases of whooping cough. in the cairns and hinterland areas.

Whats next I wonder