Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

schools cleveland area

schools cleveland area

Old Feb 5th 2014, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold
Default schools cleveland area

hi i have a friend moving over on a years visa with a 15 yr daughter who is extremely talented and gifted in sports,at the moment she does athletics and pole vault ,but seems to excel in any sport that she tries.they will be living in cleveland ,any recommendation of schs private and public ,thx a lot )
Old Feb 5th 2014, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of
Default Re: schools cleveland area

Originally Posted by donna
hi i have a friend moving over on a years visa with a 15 yr daughter who is extremely talented and gifted in sports,at the moment she does athletics and pole vault ,but seems to excel in any sport that she tries.they will be living in cleveland ,any recommendation of schs private and public ,thx a lot )
I assume you mean Cleveland Qld?

3 private options are:

www.ormistoncollege.com

www.redlands.qld.edu.au

www.sheldoncollege.com

They all have positives and negatives and you will need to visit them to see if you like the ethos of the particular school. The main issue will be a mutual fit and free places as a lot of these schools have waiting lists.

Depending on how deep your pockets are and how far you want to travel there are also lots of other options in the CBD area.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice

My friend lives that way and he swears that Ormiston is the best one over that way - I will ask him what it is like for sports.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sprug
My friend lives that way and he swears that Ormiston is the best one over that way - I will ask him what it is like for sports.
Sheldon has the reputation for arts and sports and Ormiston for academics (as well as sports and arts). Lots of rivalry between these two. Redlands has a more vocational reputation.

The head mistress (Lin Bishop) of Sheldon has a reputation for running a tight ship and if you do not fit in (with her view on things) then you can leave...hence the comment about liking the ethos of the respective schools.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

thx guys ,any feedback for the public schools .And yes have heard of doc bishops rep ,lol
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donna
thx guys ,any feedback for the public schools .And yes have heard of doc bishops rep ,lol
Public (State) schools are not per se bad, but suffer from the fact that a percentage of generally higher socio economic kids get siphoned off to the above Private schools.