Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools in Bayside

Wikiposts

Schools in Bayside

Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:03 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schools in Bayside

Can anyone give me any information on schoolis in Bayside area please?
We have a 9 year old girl that will be going to school there towards the end of the year... hopefully!

I have checked out Cleveland state and Alexandra Hills state but cant see any terms costs or uniform costs. I have emailed the Alexandra Hills but my email wasn't delivered.

It would be good if somebody out there already (or not maybe) has got children in the schools and tell me if the kids are happy there and any more info they have.

Thanks
Ang
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:30 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Schools in Bayside

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
We have a 9 year old girl that will be going to school there towards the end of the year... hopefully!

I have checked out Cleveland state and Alexandra Hills state but cant see any terms costs or uniform costs. I have emailed the Alexandra Hills but my email wasn't delivered.

It would be good if somebody out there already (or not maybe) has got children in the schools and tell me if the kids are happy there and any more info they have.

Thanks
Ang
Have a look on this forum about schools in the Bayside
http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneB...hp?showforum=9

Hopefully it will have some good info for you

My own daughter is nearly 9 and she is very happy at school, as are most of the children she goes to school with.
For some strange reason, kids these days enjoy going to school !! Not like when I was a kid

Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, our kids go to Wellington Point State and really enjoy it. It has a good reputation. I have heard Cleveland State is also good. Karen
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, my daughter is 10 and also goes to Wellington Point State School. It cost me $50 for the voluntary contribution and then the t-shirts were $20 each and the shorts £20 and I think $20 for the hat if my memory serves me correctly. They have to have a hat as if they don't they are not allowed to play out.
Amanda
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

luvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie

Thanks
Ang
My son is 10 and he goes to Mount Cotton State School, quite small compared to some (around 250-300 children). He is very happy and settled. Only fees are for school books/stationery etc $130 a year and a uniform, ($30 shirts, $20 shorts, $10 hat etc). There are only 25 in his class and he is doing extremely well. The school has good resources and we are very happy with the school and the fact he is thriving. Our other son starts the same school in Jan 2006.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:29 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all

I have checked out the Wellington Point website and itlooks good.
Will have to email them all and try and choose from one of them.
They all sound as good as each other.
I suppose really it would help if we knew where we will be living eventually at the moment we are just going to rent somewhere for a few months.
It would be easier for Aimee to walk to school.

Thanks again
Ang
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:26 pm
Redland Bay - 22/06/04

LaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud of

angie
you don't have to book the children a place at a state school.you have a choice and than the school will take her if you are within the area.my advice is to come here decide where you think you want to live then look at the schools around.we went to redland bay school and the boys loved it ,walked into the office filled in the paperwork and they had places for the next day or for whenever i wanted them to start.its different from the uk,even the sought after state schools will make a place for her.
all the schools are nice and seem to be liked by parents and pupils alike.its what you feel is best fro your daughter so you will get that feel from going in the school not necessarily the website.don't worry about it a t all it really is the easiest of processes.there are generally funds to contribute to but you have time to pay them.you will have to purchase stationary and textbooks,the school will give you a list,take to a local bewsagent(advised by school)they will get it all for you,a little more cost in middle of year but so nice and exciting for the child to go in and pick up her package ,also so easy for you.
the uniform is generally purchased from the school shop and thay carry good stock.
its not a hassle honestly :scared:
any questions just ask.
lara ,bryn (zac 12,toby 10,nathan7)
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:29 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaraandBryn
angie
you don't have to book the children a place at a state school.you have a choice and than the school will take her if you are within the area.my advice is to come here decide where you think you want to live then look at the schools around.we went to redland bay school and the boys loved it ,walked into the office filled in the paperwork and they had places for the next day or for whenever i wanted them to start.its different from the uk,even the sought after state schools will make a place for her.
all the schools are nice and seem to be liked by parents and pupils alike.its what you feel is best fro your daughter so you will get that feel from going in the school not necessarily the website.don't worry about it a t all it really is the easiest of processes.there are generally funds to contribute to but you have time to pay them.you will have to purchase stationary and textbooks,the school will give you a list,take to a local bewsagent(advised by school)they will get it all for you,a little more cost in middle of year but so nice and exciting for the child to go in and pick up her package ,also so easy for you.
the uniform is generally purchased from the school shop and thay carry good stock.
its not a hassle honestly :scared:
any questions just ask.
lara ,bryn (zac 12,toby 10,nathan7)
Our Children go to Ormiston State school and love it so far! Just one further thing to add..you dont always have to live in the area of the school, seems as though most in Bayside will take kids from outside of their areas.

Spalens wife
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:58 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Ok so Im not worried any more....
I think that once we get there we can go for a visit or 2 and see what both Aimee and we think about it.
I was concerned about her moving schools but I had a chat with her school teacher at the moment, she tells me that Aimee is most excited about going to Australia and looking forward to going to a new school. Apparently she has the best Interpersonal skills she has ever seen on a child of her age.

Thanks again for the info, great help
Ang