schools in/around Rockingham opinons please

schools in/around Rockingham opinons please

Old Jan 31st 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road
Default schools in/around Rockingham opinons please

Hi there

am validating at end of march and spending 2 weeks in Rockingham

would like to vidit a couple of schools for my sons to have a look round, one is 9 and the other is 5, we are making the permanent move in 12 months.

was looking at star of the sea but as we not catholic seems like is going to be near on impossible

i would appreciate opinions/hearsay good AND bad about schools in the area both public and independent

kindest thanks in advance for your posts

marie x
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: schools in/around Rockingham opinons please

Bloody wars... Here we go again....

Sorry, but this is an old and tough nut..

star of the Sea can have small class sizes and be unFULL... But if you pray the 'wrong' way and they have their "quota" of people who pray the wrong way then you wont get in, unless you're prepared to lie about grandparents or great grandparents... And the way they pray... Or prayed

There are good local private school, i have friends whose kids are very happy at maranatha... And lots of friends with kids at living wayers and pere... Summit beginning with C... Can't for the life of me reemember it..

Our kids are all at the local state schools... gorgeous excelled at leadership and sport at primary, but isnt academic and desparately wants an apprenticeship to learn a skilled trade... So he's now at rocky high... Where he is happy.... mumbles has intellectual disability and will struglle at school where ever he goes so the local primary is still working for him, Beamble excells academically, and will whe ever she goes... And she WANTS to go to RHS, providing she works hard and keeps her grades up I have no objection...

When you come over contact the principals and ask for tours... They're more than happy to oblige....
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road
Default Re: schools in/around Rockingham opinons please

thankd Ed i know its a difficult one but the children getting settled quickly will make a big difference to the move being successful or not.

have emailed start of the sea but they dont seem keen.

was just after suggestions for places to look at when we come over.

Marie x