schools

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:46 am
Just Joined

emmadkids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default schools

hi i tryed doing a search but not really the info i need. I was speacking to my friend who has famliy in australia and was saying you have to pay school fees is this correct (if so that a lot os school fees for me lol as i have five boys ) And what is the education system like over there thank you for looking emmy
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:55 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: schools

It really depends what kind of visa you are here on and which state you move to.

If it's a student visa then you might very well have fees.
If it's a temporary 457 visa then it depends on the state (NSW would have fees and maybe others).
If it's a permanent visa then you will not have fees, although you will have other things to pay for like uniforms, books, etc.

Also I'm refering to state schools, private schools would have a fee regardless of which visa you are on.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:44 am
Just Joined

emmadkids is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you hun for you info
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at your other posts - if you are a lateral army transfer then you wont have mega school fees to pay just the ordinary "voluntary contributions" which could be of the order of $100 a term all depending on the school/year. Also add to that the cost of stationery packs, excursions, performances, additional teaching like swimming or music, uniforms etc. The older they are the more likely you are to get the costs associated with electives - photography usually costs quite a bit for example.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Looking at your other posts - if you are a lateral army transfer then you wont have mega school fees to pay just the ordinary "voluntary contributions" which could be of the order of $100 a term all depending on the school/year. Also add to that the cost of stationery packs, excursions, performances, additional teaching like swimming or music, uniforms etc. The older they are the more likely you are to get the costs associated with electives - photography usually costs quite a bit for example.
Yes, January is a very expensive month!