schools

Old Feb 1st 2004, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point
Question schools

As I have 2 children, one of the things I am worrying about is schooling for them when (hopefully) we come out to Brisbane.

I particularly want to try and get as much sorted out as I can before hand. Particularly as my eldest daughter, Emma, is worried enough about moving schools and doesn't like tha idea that she might start at one school and than have to change again once we've settled on a definitie area.

To this end I would welcome any thoughts/answers on the following:

Can you enrol your children from here or do you have to wait until you get there?

If we decide to go private, do the girls have to do any sort of entrance exam, and if so, can that be done here?

I've been looking at various school web sites and wonder if the fees stated are what we'd have to pay or do over seas pupils have to pay more?

Also do overseas pupils have to pay anything in State schools?

Do schools have catchment areas and is it easy to get into a school you're not in the area for?

Thanks again

Karen

Old Feb 1st 2004, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: schools

Hi Karen

Sorry, I can't really help you. I would only suggest that you do a search as I'm sure there's plenty been said about the schools in Brisbane. There are loads of people on here in Brisbane that must have a good idea about the schooling. Do you have any idea where abouts in Brisbane you are going, could you not look up the schools in that area and make enquiries on-line? Also, how old are your kids, could you not keep them out of scholl for a little while until you have a better idea of where you'll end up once you're there?

Good luck with your searching.