Reload this Page >

School Zone Speeding OK

Wikiposts

School Zone Speeding OK

Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:33 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: School Zone Speeding OK

Originally Posted by Lathlain
What at 7.30am when theres no children around?
Why 7.30 am ? School zones here start at 8am, when the children are going to school

Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:43 pm
owieb

What at 7.30am when theres no children around?
A lot of parents drop their kids off at schools and day centres on their way to work.

Certainly at the schools near me there are kids around from 7:30am.

Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by owieb
A lot of parents drop their kids off at schools and day centres on their way to work.

Certainly at the schools near me there are kids around from 7:30am.

Yup, friends kids have volleyball training at school before school starts. Has to be there for 7.30am.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:30 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

All I want is flashing lights and better designed roads around school areas. As is the school zones on Major roads such as the parramatta road are ignored. The hours are in small print. Something that works and is enforceable is what is needed.

I understand that some insurance companies may use GPS blackboxes to see how insurable our driving is. The logical extension is an always on personal speed trap. At least the consistent application will stop the cries of revenue raising.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever speeded?
I take it you don't have kids. Maybe when you do you'll grow up a bit.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:08 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

When people arent even made clear when the school holidays are exactly?

Ignorance is no defence.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Ignorance is no defence.
I always hit the brakes when I see those school zone signs, because by the time I've figured out what time it is, and what day it is, and if its a school holiday or not, I'm through it anyway. They are only ever a couple of hundred metres long (well round here), so its not worth the thought processes to try and figure out if I can go 10K faster for 300 metres. It will only save you 5 seconds (5.4 to be precise), its just not worth the hassle.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:04 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I always hit the brakes when I see those school zone signs, because by the time I've figured out what time it is, and what day it is, and if its a school holiday or not, I'm through it anyway. They are only ever a couple of hundred metres long (well round here), so its not worth the thought processes to try and figure out if I can go 10K faster for 300 metres. It will only save you 5 seconds (5.4 to be precise), its just not worth the hassle.

Cheers,
JTL
Good plan, just make sure you check the mirror before hitting the brakes as 10 to 1 there'll be a tosser in a ute or a mum in a tarago 2.53cm off your rear bumper.

Last edited by Del Boy; Feb 9th 2005 at 3:07 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:10 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Good plan, just make sure you check the mirror before hitting the brakes as 10 to 1 there'll be a tosser in a ute or a mum in a tarago 2.53cm off your rear bumper.
Too true. My first car over here was written of like that ! That was my initiation into not stopping too fast !

Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Del Boy
I meant 'hit the brakes' figuratively If someone rear-ends me when I gradually slow from 50 to 40, then they really were too close!

Cheers,
JTL
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:30 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by renth
I take it you don't have kids. Maybe when you do you'll grow up a bit.
I am grown up matey and yes I do have 2 children but I still think its a joke, in WA its starts at 7.30am when b*gger all is around.

I take it you must be one of these who drives his children to school in the next street?