School Zone Speeding OK

Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:20 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School Zone Speeding OK

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...625211090.html

Speeding fine takes a holiday in poorly publicised zone

By Joseph Kerr, Transport Editor
February 9, 2005

A motorist allegedly caught driving at 70kmh in a 40kmh school zone escaped the charge after a court found there had not been enough information published about school holidays, his lawyers said yesterday.

McMahons National Lawyers said in a statement that the motorist was allegedly travelling at more than 70kmh on a main road during school zone hours, resulting in an automatic licence disqualification for three months.

School zone signs show a lower speed limit of 40 kmh during certain hours.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School Zone Speeding OK

I certainly never know when school holidays are. Some of the 40 zones are on major highway.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:22 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bondipom
I certainly never know when school holidays are. Some of the 40 zones are on major highway.
Thats true, and they vary from state to state also.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Del Boy
That's true, and they vary from state to state also.
And can be accompanied by pedestrian over passes.

Authorities are quick to put up the signs. Slow to add flashing lights which would remove all ambiguity but cut fine revenue for those without watches.

The time zones seem ridiculously long. About 3 hours per day in NSW.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:27 am
ABCDiamond

The chairman of the Pedestrian Council of Australia, Harold Scruby, said the judgement endorsed his campaign to get solar-powered, flashing lights at every school zone in NSW. The lights would flash during school zone times, alerting motorists of the lower speed limit. "Simplicity and clarity will save lives," he said.
The above would fix things

I've almost been caught like that during my daughters school holidays, as they sometimes have different weeks to the State schools.
Consequently some school zones are active when others aren't, and that's in the same suburb.

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:34 am
PommieLeague

Its getting beyond a joke now. Are we heading into a totalitarian state?

Speed Cameras - "The Political Football"
House: Legislative Assembly- QUESTIONS WITHOUT NOTICE

Date: Wednesday, 20 August 2003

ROAD SAFETY SPEED CAMPAIGN

Mrs M.H. ROBERTS:

"...Today's message is "Fast drivers are slow learners". The effects of speeding are similar to those of drink-driving. Evidence suggests that people who drive even five kilometres over the limit in a 60 kilometre an hour zone are just as likely to have a crash as if they had a blood alcohol content of 0.05. (WHAT!!!!)
http://www.policespeedcameras.info/politics.html

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Its getting beyond a joke now. Are we heading into a totalitarian state?

http://www.policespeedcameras.info/politics.html

If it even saves one kids life then its well worth it I say.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:45 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Bordy

Get real! They arent even set up in risk zones anyway! Or are you one of these wonderful 'role model' lawabiders who just cant wait to pay his fine?

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:54 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I have to agree!
Yeah true, but I still think its done in a wrong fashion. Its just a revenue spinner and unmoral.

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:58 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lathlain
unmoral.
Like speeding in a school zone
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:00 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Roads are for driving on not for kids to play on.....
Having a speed camera there or not doesnt stop a kiddy not being supervised properly from running out in front of me ....

Speed limits are way to low in WA and cameras only exist to generate revenue, the stats prove it.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:24 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by steve99
Roads are for driving on not for kids to play on.....
Kids need to cross roads.

Originally Posted by steve99
Having a speed camera there or not doesnt stop a kiddy not being supervised properly from running out in front of me ....
agreed, but driving at 40k instead of 60k might make a difference.

Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:29 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by renth
Like speeding in a school zone
When people arent even made clear when the school holidays are exactly?
Have you ever speeded?

Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:30 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Kids need to cross roads.
What at 7.30am when theres no children around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.