School Trips?

Old May 4th 2011, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default School Trips?

My daughter came home from school today with a generic letter regarding the year 6 school holiday to the Isle of Wight. Which got me thinking, with Perth being so "isolated" do they do school trips away and if so, where? and what school year do these start?

She is quiet disappointed when she realised that if all goes to plan she wont be going to the Isle of Wight in year 6! So said i would try and find out for her any school trips she may be able to go on when we get to Oz!

thanks all in advance
Old May 4th 2011, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Trips?

In VIC sec school my son went on exchange to Bali in December. Just come back from a rugby trip to Samoa.

They like exchanges everywhere to do with the languages being taught, and a lot of schools do a central trip in year 11. Make their way from Melbourne to Darwin by coach and fly back, calling in on the rock on the way.

To be honest, they offer too much if you are the one paying for it.

Forgot to add, we have a young Balinese lady staying with us at the moment. They come to you, as well!
Old May 4th 2011, 11:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lois1
My daughter came home from school today with a generic letter regarding the year 6 school holiday to the Isle of Wight. Which got me thinking, with Perth being so "isolated" do they do school trips away and if so, where? and what school year do these start?

She is quiet disappointed when she realised that if all goes to plan she wont be going to the Isle of Wight in year 6! So said i would try and find out for her any school trips she may be able to go on when we get to Oz!

thanks all in advance
Our primary school in Perth does a year 6 and 7 camp. Year 6 is to like a outdoor ed camp and year 7 is to Rottnest Island. My daughters Year 9 trip is to Sydney and Canberra.
Old May 4th 2011, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Brisbane, my kids school go to an adventure camp in Northern NSW in year 6 and in year 7 they go to Sydney and Canberra.
Old May 5th 2011, 12:20 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Prep to year 4's do day trips to farms, museums etc. Our school does bigger overnight trips starting in year 5. Years 5 and 6 are outdoor education centre type affairs, year 7 is a trip on the plane to Canberra and my year 8 daughter is currently on a discover yourself by bushwalking, camping, and problem solving/working as a team (with no electronics allowed) for 4 days....she didn't want to go. I made her

Jan (Evil Mother....apparently)
Old May 5th 2011, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Our primary has a joint Year 6/7 camp each year to places like Woodman Point or Bridgetown, although a couple of years ago they went to Geraldton.
Old May 5th 2011, 3:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

My girls are off to Kalgoorlie in September.
Old May 5th 2011, 4:41 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Our primary school in Perth does a year 6 and 7 camp. Year 6 is to like a outdoor ed camp and year 7 is to Rottnest Island. My daughters Year 9 trip is to Sydney and Canberra.
Make sure they don't play the old quokka soccer while their over there.
Old May 5th 2011, 4:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Make sure they don't play the old quokka soccer while their over there.
My eldest has already done the 7 camp, they had a great time and were considerate to the Quokka community
Old May 5th 2011, 4:53 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
My eldest has already done the 7 camp, they had a great time and were considerate to the Quokka community
Pleased to hear it.It's a great spot.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough

Just on the subject of school years etc, when do the children start each new year? For example here in uk it's September...

Ta
Old May 5th 2011, 6:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

End of January.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukjoiner
Just on the subject of school years etc, when do the children start each new year? For example here in uk it's September...

Ta
It used to be late Jan in WA, but it's drifted over to early Feb the last couple of years.
Old May 5th 2011, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HelenTD
It used to be late Jan in WA, but it's drifted over to early Feb the last couple of years.
Thanks, I guessed as much as the simmer hols are over Xmas. My daughter is 9 and will finish yr 4 in sept so she would start yr 5 in the Jan/ fen by what ur saying? She would just be in yr 5 longer then. Ooh she will be pleased
Old May 5th 2011, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Thanks everyone for your replies, i have a happy little girl this morning, sounds like plenty of adventures ahead! Will just have to visit the Isle of Wight before we leave here !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.