Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School Results/League Tables

School Results/League Tables

Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:51 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough
Question School Results/League Tables

Does anyone know if there are published League Tables for Australian Schools - Queensland in particular?
We are trying to decide where to settle around the Brisbane area, and the schools will have some bearing on this decision, but I cant seen to find anything anywhere!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Results/League Tables

Originally Posted by Pam
Does anyone know if there are published League Tables for Australian Schools - Queensland in particular?
We are trying to decide where to settle around the Brisbane area, and the schools will have some bearing on this decision, but I cant seen to find anything anywhere!
i have alist for OP ( overall position ) scores for qld
give a mo and i`ll dig it out

regards steve

ps just added it to this post its an xls file so you will need excel to open it
Attached Files
File Type: xls
op ratings qld 2005.xls (111.5 KB, 303 views)

Last edited by steve`o; Sep 6th 2006 at 7:11 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

To add to this thread, does anyone have anything similar for primary schools in Melbourne?

Simpy
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:48 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by simpy
To add to this thread, does anyone have anything similar for primary schools in Melbourne?

Simpy
Poo! Ive got some good stuff for Secondary schools in Melbourne?? Maybe you want to plan ahead?????

May I recommend this bookhttp://www.isubscribe.com.au/title.cfm?ID=18440 I sent away for it and it has been invaluable in my searches. Maybe theres one for Primary Schools?

Diane
Old Sep 6th 2006, 8:49 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

http://www.isubscribe.com.au/title.cfm?ID=18440

sorry
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by simpy

Simpy
Hi
Australia does not really do 'league tables' the way the UK does.
There are lists published every year about year 12 results, but obviously if you are looking at primary this is not hugely relevant.
Sorry if this is not quite the information you are looking for.
There are government websites that help you see some of the schools (if they have independent websites)
http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/schoolsonline/
This shows the government, and most independent schools in Victoria. I would assume there are similar things for other states, as eduction is totally state based and there is no national system of education.
Hope this helps at least a little.
Regards
Abby
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

clivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really niceclivefawcett is just really nice
Question Re: School Results/League Tables

We are moving over on a 47ES Visa in December. My eldest is 16 and has just completed his GCSE's and started his A levels and my youngest is 11 and just started senior school (or what ever year they call it now) we are moving to NT. What happens in regards to schooling especiall my 16 year old?? Please help if you know.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

simpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud ofsimpy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dianej
Ok thanks for that Diane

Simpy
Old Sep 7th 2006, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Hi
Australia does not really do 'league tables' the way the UK does.
There are lists published every year about year 12 results, but obviously if you are looking at primary this is not hugely relevant.
Sorry if this is not quite the information you are looking for.
There are government websites that help you see some of the schools (if they have independent websites)
http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/schoolsonline/
This shows the government, and most independent schools in Victoria. I would assume there are similar things for other states, as eduction is totally state based and there is no national system of education.
Hope this helps at least a little.
Regards
Abby
Hi Abby, thanks for your help, I have this link already but was hoping that there may be more details, not to worry.