Wikiposts

School query

Old Mar 31st 2011, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School query

Originally Posted by odyssey

I actually think its because times have changed and I wanted more the type of "if your morals are right then everything else falls behind approach" that I had. And i didnt want excuses or leniancy in terms of that - for me its not a choice, its vital that the school and I have the same stance. With 3 I found it harder to be completely on the case and with a strict, loving school its definately become easier for me at home.

Yes i totally agree with what you are saying about the morals, although i am not religious i have beliefs and I like how my children learn about different beliefs at school. I also understand what you mean about having 3, I certainly feel the more 'help' from school the better for me

Its just very well defined and the $80 odd dollars a week has sort of crept into our budget as a necessity - I think paying much more for childcare pe-age 5 helped there.

I never thought of it like that, I have spent the last 8 years paying childcare fees so i guess $80/week will be a big saving!!

I am glad i made the switch personally but if I hadnt I would have been happy state. Our area is very nice in general but in some areas i lived in sydney I know it wouldnt have been the same.

good luck!

I also love the way the children are taught compassion and charity. and in state and catholic school here the environment is a core topic - its great!!!
My 'pre kids' career was based around environmental management so maybe they can teach me a thing or too - lol

Thanks for you reply, looking forward to getting out there and making things happen
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:25 am
Just Joined

beckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nice
Smile Re: School query

Hello, we are looking to move to Sydney in the next couple of years.

Our two children are 1yr and 3yrs. They have not been christened yet as we are deciding whether to Christen them Catholic or C of E. My partner is Catholic and I am C of E. Neither of us are very religious and i'm not too worried about religion being a big part of their education, but are catholic schools generally better than other schools?

Everyone that we have spoken to seems to think that Catholic schools in England are better than other schools as they are better funded.

Is this rubbish?

If it is true, is it the same in Australia?

If so then we will christen them Catholic. If we do, i suppose we will have a choice. I just want to give the kids the best education they can get. I know you can pay for some private schools but are they really a grand a term? How many terms do they have over there!!!!

To be honest i'm not too worried about the cost (within reason) i just want the best.

Steve.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

go-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant futurego-oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: School query

Originally Posted by odyssey
I also have 3 children but in the catholic school, 3 wasnt so much more than 1 really. My first went to a lovely state school but I did feel that perhaps the ethical/moral teaching wasnt quite as strong. I am not saying it wasnt there, it was and I thought it was a lovely school but I just felt it was a little bit less than I wanted.

I actually think its because times have changed and I wanted more the type of "if your morals are right then everything else falls behind approach" that I had. And i didnt want excuses or leniancy in terms of that - for me its not a choice, its vital that the school and I have the same stance. With 3 I found it harder to be completely on the case and with a strict, loving school its definately become easier for me at home.

Its just very well defined and the $80 odd dollars a week has sort of crept into our budget as a necessity - I think paying much more for childcare pe-age 5 helped there.

I am glad i made the switch personally but if I hadnt I would have been happy state. Our area is very nice in general but in some areas i lived in sydney I know it wouldnt have been the same.

good luck!

I also love the way the children are taught compassion and charity. and in state and catholic school here the environment is a core topic - its great!!!

Odyssey, can you tell me more about the schools and areas in Sydney you lived? We're trying to find a nice, small and personal school for our 6 yo daughter who's used to a small, village school. Any areas we should avoid? Thanks!!

Sorry Beckysteve, somewhat off subject, but maybe educational anyway??