Reload this Page >

rental rockingham

rental rockingham

Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:04 am
Haz
Just Joined

Haz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rental rockingham

hi can any one help we are moving to the rockingham, baldivis,secret harbour area soon and would like to find a rental before we get there . Has any one done this before ?? can it be done ??? any help please
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:21 am
Just Joined

eves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: rental rockingham

we used a firm called L J hooker ( real estate ) , they were great and it was so nice to be able to find some where before we got there . there is a english man in the rockingham branch steve c just send him a email . if he can help he will
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:29 am
Just Joined

eves is an unknown quantity at this point

HI again sorry i forgot to say if you were looking to buy i would also send him a email as we brought from him . which was very scary as we did not know the way they did it over there , but he was great and helped us out with loads of stuff
Old Jun 9th 2011, 2:47 am
native West Aussie

Genevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant future

If you're looking for a short term fully furnished rental, try contacting Tracey at www.ozhouserental.com - I'm sure she has properties in the rockingham area, and she's very friendly and helpful.
Regards
Jen
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

It's not advisable to take a long term let sight unseen. In fact I think it may be illegal. You should temper the feeling of insecurity/homelessness with thoughts of the risks of renting sight unseen. You could end up committed to a 12 month lease on a crack den, depending on how skilled the photographer is.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Steve2009
It's not advisable to take a long term let sight unseen. In fact I think it may be illegal. You should temper the feeling of insecurity/homelessness with thoughts of the risks of renting sight unseen. You could end up committed to a 12 month lease on a crack den, depending on how skilled the photographer is.
this is a very valid point, we only rented a holiday let for 2 weeks over internet and it was infested with over 30 cockroaches and was filthy, imagine if we'd signed up for 12 months....................
Old Jun 9th 2011, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by -Marie-
this is a very valid point, we only rented a holiday let for 2 weeks over internet and it was infested with over 30 cockroaches and was filthy, imagine if we'd signed up for 12 months....................
Take a holiday rental for a couple of weeks then find a rental once you get here.... Beware, the are HUGE pitfalls to renting... Plenty of advice on here about it... Look us up when ypu get here... We're in rocko
Old Jun 9th 2011, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eddie007
Beware, the are HUGE pitfalls to renting...
You trying to start up that old chestnut again? There are HUGE positives to renting too. It's down to the individual and their circumstances.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
You trying to start up that old chestnut again? There are HUGE positives to renting too. It's down to the individual and their circumstances.
Ummm no... Its only fair to warn people to make sure they document and photograph ALL defects in their rental... State of lawn etc etc etc... The are some sharks out there and tbh enough people I know have had bad experiences, including myself, that its as well to know what the expectations are for the person renting...

Its very different to renting in the uk...
Old Jun 9th 2011, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

It wasn't clear that you were referring to the Aus rental market. I have found the renting experience quite positive here and have never been ripped off. I think it's better here than Ireland because there are clear systems and procedures.

With regard to the poster above relying on a real estate agent to educate them on the local sales market. That's like relying on a used car salesman to educate you on cars. I hope you mean as a buyers agent and not with regard to properties he was selling. If he is selling a property he is acting for the vendor, not the purchaser.

Last edited by Steve2009; Jun 9th 2011 at 11:52 am.