Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School enrollment fee's

School enrollment fee's

Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all
Question School enrollment fee's

Hi could anyone tell me anything about school enrollment fees for state schools, also is there an annual fee or just a one off payment. And also i heard that you have to purchase the books, and the cost of this can also be quite high. And one more the rough cost of uniform (sorry), my son is 8 and i have another of nearly two. Oh and what about pre school . I'll shut up now.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:31 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School enrollment fee's

School fees are annual fees. Sometimes you might have to buy some exercise books too, we did for the high school but not primary.
Kindy doesnt start until the littlie is 3.5, thats paid per term.
State school uniforms are usually basic, polo tshirt, sweater etc, and hat!
Kat xx
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by suzyt
Hi could anyone tell me anything about school enrollment fees for state schools, also is there an annual fee or just a one off payment. And also i heard that you have to purchase the books, and the cost of this can also be quite high. And one more the rough cost of uniform (sorry), my son is 8 and i have another of nearly two. Oh and what about pre school . I'll shut up now.
hi , to set up my to primary school children in year 2 and 3, it cost us $400, that was for books and uniform ( 4 shirts, 2 shorts, 2 skorts and a school jacket) , I've bought a few more bits n pieces since.
tops tend to be about $25 and shorts about $10/15.
At the moment i am paying $112 for 2 days at nursery/ kindergarten.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

Don't get me started on school uniform, just bought my 4 year old's 1st school uniform and my 11 year old his first high school uniform and upto now has cost over £200, and we still need shoes! Such a waste of money because we should be in Australia by Christmas. We were so hoping to be there before they started school in U.K.

Think it is expensive both in UK and Australia for uniform, but we found that private school fees are much cheaper in Australia, the school websites are excellent for school uniform lists and costs - we looked at Peter Moyes Private school in Perth and found out approx. costs and enrollment fees etc.from that, the only problem is you need an address in Oz and have to have an interview to enrol them which of course can't be done until you arrive.

Good luck.

Debbie
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Katehn
hi , to set up my to primary school children in year 2 and 3, it cost us $400, that was for books and uniform ( 4 shirts, 2 shorts, 2 skorts and a school jacket) , I've bought a few more bits n pieces since.
tops tend to be about $25 and shorts about $10/15.
At the moment i am paying $112 for 2 days at nursery/ kindergarten.
*gulp* $112 = £50-ish for 2 days!!! GOSH! which state are you in??
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a price list from my boy's school (private) just to give you an idea on how much uniforms are. You aren't required to have all of the items, only those marked with an asterisk, and there's a summer and winter uniform.

http://www.ipswichgrammar.com/w08/me...ePricelist.pdf

When my two kids both went to state, I think their uniforms were something like $200-250 each. Just basics like couple of shorts, polo shirts, school baseball jacket, hats etc.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
Here's a price list from my boy's school (private) just to give you an idea on how much uniforms are. You aren't required to have all of the items, only those marked with an asterisk, and there's a summer and winter uniform.

http://www.ipswichgrammar.com/w08/me...ePricelist.pdf

When my two kids both went to state, I think their uniforms were something like $200-250 each. Just basics like couple of shorts, polo shirts, school baseball jacket, hats etc.
ok, call me silly - but how does anyone tell if you bought socks from there or from the shop? do socks have school names printed on??
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ChocCake
*gulp* $112 = £50-ish for 2 days!!! GOSH! which state are you in??
QLD. I should be gettig a rebate on that amount from centrelink, so it should end up being about half that. Hopefully.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocCake
ok, call me silly - but how does anyone tell if you bought socks from there or from the shop? do socks have school names printed on??
When they wear their summer uniform (shorts) they do have proper identifiable long school socks. For the winter its not an issue. All the major items are identifiable; trousers are a colour I've never seen in any regular shop, same for jumper, tracksuit etc.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi SuzyT,

It all depends on which state and also school you will be going to as they all differ. We first lived in Adelaide and my girls went to a state school where we just paid Annual fees and uniform but they provided the books and stationary. The uniform there was able tobought from stores such as kmart etc just certain colour polo tops and skirts etc etc, however we moved to Gold Coast a couple of years ago now and the state school they go to now is way more expensive. The annual fees are higher than the Adelaide one and we also have to provide stationary and buy the uniform which can only be purchased from the school. Fees and stationary costs also vary depending on which year the child is in.

If you need any more help just give me a shout
Marie
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by suzyt
Hi we paid ours annually. 2 of my kiddies were in Primary so all the scrapbooks etc they needed were given to me in a pack when I paid my fees. My littlest was too young for kindie but had friends with kids in kindie and it was paid per term, they start at 3.5/4 years depending when their birthday is. Uniform for mine was plain skirt/shorts/leggings and polo shirt either with school logo or without, sweat top and sun hat again with or without school logo. Dont know whether it was just our school but they were quite relaxed on uniform as long as colours were right and the kiddies just wore trainers to school (plain shoes if they wanted too). We found it to be alot more relaxed than over here. If getting plain non logoed uniform most of the clothing places sell it ie woolworths etc.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Hi we paid ours annually. 2 of my kiddies were in Primary so all the scrapbooks etc they needed were given to me in a pack when I paid my fees. My littlest was too young for kindie but had friends with kids in kindie and it was paid per term, they start at 3.5/4 years depending when their birthday is. Uniform for mine was plain skirt/shorts/leggings and polo shirt either with school logo or without, sweat top and sun hat again with or without school logo. Dont know whether it was just our school but they were quite relaxed on uniform as long as colours were right and the kiddies just wore trainers to school (plain shoes if they wanted too). We found it to be alot more relaxed than over here. If getting plain non logoed uniform most of the clothing places sell it ie woolworths etc.
where are you...?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

In NSW we pay $4610 per year, per child in school fees because we are temp visa holders. This is payable in advance to the dept of education

In additon we pay a "voluntary" contribution of £150 per child and $25 P&C levy..... This covers all the stationery etc that the kids need except for a glue stick once a term, a box of tissues and a pump dispenser of soap that we have been asked to donate to class supplies.

Uniform cost me $220 as as set up for summer uniform (included bag, library bag, hat, sports uniform etc)
Then the winter uniform cost me about $120
If you look at school web sites then there may be a P&C (Parents and Community) page. Typically it's the P&C committe who run the uniform shop so that is where you may get the info from.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Helen Randle is an unknown quantity at this point

is the NSW $4600+ fee partially refundable when you become a permanent resident?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 11:05 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen Randle
is the NSW $4600+ fee partially refundable when you become a permanent resident?
You stop having to pay it. in NSW temp visa holders have to pay for state schools fees, which is why many send their kids to private schools anyway,
I've heard that it can sometimes be cheaper to do this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.