School

Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:32 am
Just Joined

shailesh.ksp will become famous soon enough
Default School

I am from India and migrating Adelaide ( Broad view suburb)in the month of Feb-2010 on 176 Sub class visa. I have one daughter she is 4 years old ( Date of birth 25-09-2005) right now she is study in Nursery in India. My confusion is in Australia where she will get the admission i mean in which class.How to find out good school for her? Whether public or private school is better? What will the fee structure of the school.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:55 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School

Originally Posted by shailesh.ksp
I am from India and migrating Adelaide ( Broad view suburb)in the month of Feb-2010 on 176 Sub class visa. I have one daughter she is 4 years old ( Date of birth 25-09-2005) right now she is study in Nursery in India. My confusion is in Australia where she will get the admission i mean in which class.How to find out good school for her? Whether public or private school is better? What will the fee structure of the school.
She therefore turns 5 on 25 Sept 2010 so can start school in Feb of 2011.

You will have to check out local state schools in the area you intend too reside before passing judgement on the need for private schooling.

The general consensus for higher achieving results is private education. Fees depend on tier you are going for - lower tier are below $10k per year (for these there is not a big difference to state which often makes people question why pay for private?), others start from $12k upwards but this is just for base fees - you will almost double this when taking into account uniforms, trips and extra curriclum activities. Mines about $29k for next year
Either private of state still requires your feeling on the individual school as just payment of high fees does not guarantee a good school.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:56 am
Just Joined

shailesh.ksp will become famous soon enough

Thanks for reply. If she will join the school from Feb 2011 then during that period where should i enrol.

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
She therefore turns 5 on 25 Sept 2010 so can start school in Feb of 2011.

You will have to check out local state schools in the area you intend too reside before passing judgement on the need for private schooling.

The general consensus for higher achieving results is private education. Fees depend on tier you are going for - lower tier are below $10k per year (for these there is not a big difference to state which often makes people question why pay for private?), others start from $12k upwards but this is just for base fees - you will almost double this when taking into account uniforms, trips and extra curriclum activities. Mines about $29k for next year
Either private of state still requires your feeling on the individual school as just payment of high fees does not guarantee a good school.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shailesh.ksp
Thanks for reply. If she will join the school from Feb 2011 then during that period where should i enrol.
At the school in the area where you will be living. You rock up with your child's birth certificate and passport to show her immigration status and age, and a lease agreement or bills or something with your address on it to show you live in the school's catchment area.