Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schapelle Corby found guilty. 20 years jail!

Schapelle Corby found guilty. 20 years jail!

Old May 27th 2005, 3:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schapelle Corby Verdict anyone?

Anyone watching the verdict on TV? The news.com.au web site is at a standstill.

Apparently no one has told Corby the judge has never aquitted a drugs case in 500 cases.

I've changed my mind, I reckon she did do it
Old May 27th 2005, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Schapelle Corby Verdict anyone?

Originally Posted by renth

Apparently no one has told Corby the judge has never aquitted a drugs case in 500 cases.

Guilty............think she got 20 years and a massive fine
Old May 27th 2005, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Guilty - 20 yrs + fine
Old May 27th 2005, 3:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Was there a hysterical outburst?
Old May 27th 2005, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Not really..its all a but chaotic, especially outside the court room
Old May 27th 2005, 3:48 am
(It's not my real name)

There will be an appeal.

Did you hear about the other drugs smuggler in Indonesia who got life, appealed and got death instead. How harsh is that?
Old May 27th 2005, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

The 'experts' are now saying that it was expected she would get 10 years.....the 20 years is a bit of a shock.

A lot of her supporters are outside the court saying she should be let off because Australia helped with the Tsunami victims?????????

As a gesture of goodwill I suppose, although I dont particularly agree.
Old May 27th 2005, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

There will be an appeal.

Did you hear about the other drugs smuggler in Indonesia who got life, appealed and got death instead. How harsh is that?

OMG..wouldnt catch me going to those countries.....
Old May 27th 2005, 3:55 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Guilty ,that's my verdict, whether it's right or wrong - I don't know, but I think she is guilty. Haven't a clue how the judge is going to rule( she is no miss innocent) - she's lucky she is not in Singapore, They/westerners never get out of the death penalty if found guilty. There was a western bloke who got hung when I was living there to name but one of many, apparently dealing with drugs in a hawker centre/ Kopi tiam, can't remember if he was Dutch or a Brit. He was in his late 40's anyway - I can picture him , but can't remember his nationality,

Don't know about Indonesia with their death policies with westerners, so whether she will get the death sentence or what don't know.

Thailand to my knowledge I don't think they have ever given the death penalty to any westerner in recent years , they usually pardon westerners from the death sentence ( and just hang the locals)after they have been found guilty, or plus a lengthy jail sentence.

Guilty , innocent - who really knows? Don't know what the fuss is about, the jails are full of lots of other westerners, but they don't get the coverage.

Go to their country , live by their rules. It's not Australia, or Britain "it is not a democracy" as we know it
cheers

Last edited by Ceri; May 27th 2005 at 4:02 am.
Old May 27th 2005, 4:00 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schapelle Corby found guilty. 20 years jail!

Just watched it.

Bloody hell....!!
Old May 27th 2005, 4:06 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

On balance, I think she's innocent. The one think that concerns me is that 4.1kg is a lot of weed, enough to double the weight and volume of the boogie board bag. How could you not notice that?
Old May 27th 2005, 4:08 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Schapelle Corby found guilty. 20 years jail!

Originally Posted by Scossie
Just watched it.

Bloody hell....!!
Poor girl. Fwiw I still think innocent.
Having read parts of the summing up, the judge did state the facts and it's true that most of her defence was unsubstancial. However, it's what can't be proven that makes me believe in her innocence.
My thoughts are with her and her family and any one else in a similar situation.
Old May 27th 2005, 4:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 4lex
On balance, I think she's innocent. The one think that concerns me is that 4.1kg is a lot of weed, enough to double the weight and volume of the boogie board bag. How could you not notice that?
She didn't pack it. Her dad did.
Bung in a pair of fins, maybe a wet suit, towel or any other stuff you might take down the beach. I know our bb bag can weigh nothing or a lot depending on what we've stuffed in the front pocket.

Last edited by JulesandChris; May 27th 2005 at 4:12 am.
Old May 27th 2005, 4:10 am
wombat42

l wonder how many of the terrorists who did the Bali bombing that killed 88 Aussies and 35 Brits will end up doing 20 years l bet none, now that those death penalties were overturned.

Old May 27th 2005, 4:12 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scossie
Just watched it.

Bloody hell....!!
Surprise , surprise, did anyone honestly think that she would get off, she is just another westerner to them.

She still may get out of staying in Jail there, the government here apparently is working on a prisoner exchange according to the news a last night or the night before news.

I suppose that's all that will be on the TV when I can get home, think I'll leave the TV turned off as usual

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.