View Poll Results: Is Gold Coast beauty student Schapelle Corby.......
Guilty
12.50%
Innocent
66.67%
Don't really care - but sick to death of hearing about it !
20.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Schapelle Corby

Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:26 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Schapelle Corby

Originally Posted by bondipom
Human instict is to have sympathy to ones own kind.
Only if you're a biggoted non thinking idiot. Which thankfully...... most decent humans are not.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:32 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
The crimes hardly in the same league though is it??

True, but they certainly weren't very subtle with that press release. Whether guilty or not she doen't deserve capital punishment; nor does anyone else for that matter.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
True, but they certainly weren't very subtle with that press release. Whether guilty or not she doen't deserve capital punishment; nor does anyone else for that matter.
I'm with you on this one jayr. You can argue the case around and around about whether or not she's guilty (as I said before I have no idea) and the media's involvement, and comparisons to other cases, but at the end of the day you've summed it up. This girl doesn't deserve to die and if the media interest will help to prevent that then I'll handle being bombarded with it rather than complain about it.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:02 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Only if you're a biggoted non thinking idiot. Which thankfully...... most decent humans are not.
That sounds like Alan Jones to me.

Last edited by bondipom; Apr 18th 2005 at 6:09 am.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:03 am

http://afr.com/articles/2005/04/18/1113676691196.html

Is it 8,9 or 10 Aussies caught smuggling heroin out of Bali?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:05 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Thats sounds like Alan Jones to me.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:07 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the key word being decent?

To be honest, I think what BP says often happens without people realising it?(there's a word for that I can't think off...)

And yes, why are all newsreaders on 7, 9 and 10 white, and SBS have others. I don't think it's a coincidence.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:08 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

She's not the first Aussie to face the death penalty in Asia.

And I doubt she will be the last ......
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:10 am

Talk back knob jockey radio host who seems to fit your description of idiotic bigot.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:10 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats sounds like Alan Jones to me.
You need to get out more BP. .
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
You need to get out more BP. .
Anything is better than listening to him.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Anything is better than listening to him.
Very true .
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:24 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Simone
Yes, the key word being decent?

To be honest, I think what BP says often happens without people realising it?(there's a word for that I can't think off...)

And yes, why are all newsreaders on 7, 9 and 10 white, and SBS have others. I don't think it's a coincidence.
And IMO most people are decent. There a few that aren't but they are in the minority.Thankfully...That's life.

People do realise they are being racist Simone. Whether covert or overt. they know.

And most people do notice the white majority newsreaders, or articles in newspapers etc. But then there is very little that will change this mentality unless laws are put in place and adhered and enforced to make those changes.

As you and BP say, these changes won't happen if we leave things as they are. I'd go further to say what about other disadvantaged people e.g wheelchair bound or with a dissability? Or nepotism in industry or glass ceilings for women........or cities with no widened steps or lifts for disabled, etc, etc......

I agree we as a world don't cater on the whole for those who are the minority, however that is life and that's why laws have been brought in and enforced so as to ensure as much as is possible that everyone gets a fair chance.

No one said life is perfect. No one said it is fair. But that doesn't stop us from trying to make things fair, surely?

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:54 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

And IMO most people are decent. There a few that aren't but they are in the minority.Thankfully...That's life.

People do realise they are being racist Simone. Whether covert or overt. they know.

And most people do notice the white majority newsreaders, or articles in newspapers etc. But then there is very little that will change this mentality unless laws are put in place and adhered and enforced to make those changes.

As you and BP say, these changes won't happen if we leave things as they are. I'd go further to say what about other disadvantaged people e.g wheelchair bound or with a dissability? Or nepotism in industry or glass ceilings for women........or cities with no widened steps or lifts for disabled, etc, etc......

I agree we as a world don't cater on the whole for those who are the minority, however that is life and that's why laws have been brought in and enforced so as to ensure as much as is possible that everyone gets a fair chance.

No one said life is perfect. No one said it is fair. But that doesn't stop us from trying to make things fair, surely?
I agree.
But if most people are decent(a lot of people are racist, that's not decent I don't think), then why do the above situations exist.

I always believed in the good of people, that the vast majority were decent, but that was when I was young and naive and didn't read about/see a lot of things. And I still don't know so much.
I don't even think I'm a decent person. I could be doing so much more about the minorities out there, instead am on this forum in a discussion which isn't actually helping anyone.
For example we are members of Amnesty International(and a few other things), but all we do is pay the membership, and I sign petitions via email. Could most certainly be doing a whole lot more.
But I don't... why, cos I grew up in a self centered world(mostly), I want a nice 'relaxed' live, like watching crap tv sometime and reading, being on this forum, sleeping in. And am also materialistic, I want a house with land for when I have kids later, a decent sized kitchen etc etc.

I've been thinking about this stuff(an much more) more and more lately, and I'm just getting more and more confused. I need to find a balance in life, that I don't have to feel guilty about, but I'm not sure that's achievable.... :scared:
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:21 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Simone
I agree.

I've been thinking about this stuff(an much more) more and more lately, and I'm just getting more and more confused. I need to find a balance in life, that I don't have to feel guilty about, but I'm not sure that's achievable.... :scared:
Do you ever feel Expats is causing you to lose your mind Simone... try staying off it mate.

There are times I wish I never found this effing site, I am becoming far too reasonable and fair, and far too open to new ideas

Badge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.