Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Saw My First Snake - 5 Months In

Saw My First Snake - 5 Months In

Old Mar 24th 2005, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Default Saw My First Snake - 5 Months In

Saw my first snake 5 months in. Sitiing in the roadway right next to the plot of land we have bought.

Unfortunately it was just as I ran it over :scared:

Stopped the car, got out and looked as it slithered away on to our land and up a tree.

I think its going to stay they and wait for its revenge when we move in.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:09 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Saw My First Snake - 5 Months In

Do you know what it was???
(other than a snake of course )
Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:52 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

i saw mine a couple of months ago. It was a HUGE olive python that decided to shimmy along our washing line to reach another tree. Am getting braver as i took piccys and didn't run in and call rob from under the bed I know they are ok but what was it slithering away from on the ground that it had to use the line...
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:07 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter rounded a corner at the top of mount Buffalo and nearly trod on a brown snake!! She went very quiet for a while after that
Old Mar 24th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
My daughter rounded a corner at the top of mount Buffalo and nearly trod on a brown snake!! She went very quiet for a while after that
You get what they used to call "Snake Fever", whereby any hint of a snake gives you an attack of nerves. That lasts for a day or two.

The other things about snakes is that they are always in pairs. So when you dispatch one, its mate is always close by.

The second item always gets the newcomers, they walk around in dread of seeing the other one
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by brisbec
Do you know what it was???
(other than a snake of course )

I think it was just a common tree snake. It was a grren brown colour with a yellow belly about 4 ft long

6 ft after i run it over