Sausages & Chocolate

Wikiposts

Sausages & Chocolate

Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sausages & Chocolate

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Just for the record, we thought the sausages in OZ were as nice or nicer than sausages in the UK. We didn't buy anything expensive, just the normal things from Woolworths.

Also the chocolate tasted good as well, didn't eat too much of it but what we had was enjoyed by all.
A non- moaning thread !! Hooray

We buy our sausages from Victoria market in Mellie..and they are great (as is all the meat we have bought)

Choccy is nice to...Cherry Ripes are my fav
btw - 'Dove' chocolate is exactly the same as Galaxy
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I hated paying $1 a kilo for lovely bananas, and those massive prawns for the barbie (6 for about $2 or $3) were a right ripoff, so not everything is expensive!
I bought some banana prawns (those 'whoppers') last friday to BBQ: Price; $6...how many did I get? Six!!! Thats a dollar each!!! :scared: By the time you take the head and tail off them, scale them and de-vein them, theres enough for a mouthful (per prawn), so if you're buying enough to feed four, thats at least $24.

Last edited by steandleigh; Nov 30th 2005 at 9:17 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
I bought some banana prawns (those 'whoppers') last friday to BBQ: Price; $6...how many did I get? Six!!! Thats a dollar each!!! :scared:
Not 100% sure what we paid for the prawns as we got some chicken drumsticks at the same time, I know we thought they were cheap enough at the time though. I'm not saying Woolies is the cheapest place to shop but it seemed reasonable (and they sold everything we wanted), no different to Tesco's really.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Not 100% sure what we paid for the prawns as we got some chicken drumsticks at the same time, I know we thought they were cheap enough at the time though. I'm not saying Woolies is the cheapest place to shop but it seemed reasonable (and they sold everything we wanted), no different to Tesco's really.
If I had to pay the equivilent for banana prawns in the UK then I'd be laughing - it is cheap compared to the UK but when you're earning aussie $$$ it's a different story. FWIW, I think Woolworths is one of the cheaper supermarkets, certainly a bit cheaper then Coles.

The annoying thing is things like bananas ( ) can be $1 a kilo one week and then $2.98 a kilo the next week, like they were here last week. Nectarines $9.98 a kilo...WHAT?! :scared:
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:36 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

If I had to pay the equivilent for banana prawns in the UK then I'd be laughing - it is cheap compared to the UK but when you're earning aussie $$$ it's a different story. FWIW, I think Woolworths is one of the cheaper supermarkets, certainly a bit cheaper then Coles.

The annoying thing is things like bananas ( ) can be $1 a kilo one week and then $2.98 a kilo the next week, like they were here last week. Nectarines $9.98 a kilo...WHAT?! :scared:
bet you dont pay £4.50 a kilo for grapes like in our local shop :scared:
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
bet you dont pay £4.50 a kilo for grapes like in our local shop :scared:
They've ben pushing the seedless red grapes up here for $9 plus a kilo recently. Don't know what the exchange rate is anymore but am guessing it's a rip off.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:50 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

They've ben pushing the seedless red grapes up here for $9 plus a kilo recently. Don't know what the exchange rate is anymore but am guessing it's a rip off.
oh well thats not far off being the same is it, ridiculous price, media always ramming eat 5 a day down our throats and yet the price of fruit and veg is extortionate
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't understand why the fruit was expensive (well, at least some of the fruit). Grapes at $9 a kilo sounds expensive
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:53 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I hated paying $1 a kilo for lovely bananas, and those massive prawns for the barbie (6 for about $2 or $3) were a right ripoff, so not everything is expensive!
Compared to other places in Oz it is, probably the most expensive place to shop in oz,
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
oh well thats not far off being the same is it, ridiculous price, media always ramming eat 5 a day down our throats and yet the price of fruit and veg is extortionate
It is extortionate but you have to suss out where to shop for the fruit and veggies. If I get time I go to the 'Fruit Bat', a local roadside fruit and veggie seller. He does a tray of bowen mangos for $10 (12 mangos) and yet the mangos are $2.98 each in the supermarkets here at the mo! :scared:
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
Compared to other places in Oz it is, probably the most expensive place to shop in oz,
Oh, OK, no argument there. When we were on holiday, shopping around for the cheapest things wasn't high on our agenda!!

When we move over this will probably be near the top of the list (me being a tight sod )
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:00 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, OK, no argument there. When we were on holiday, shopping around for the cheapest things wasn't high on our agenda!!

When we move over this will probably be near the top of the list (me being a tight sod )
Same here mate always thought it was dirt cheap, been here on holiday 3 times.

Try not to shop at supermarkets anymore, if I do I steer well clear of Woolworths/safeway.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Same here mate always thought it was dirt cheap, been here on holiday 3 times.
Ditto..."OMG everyone (telling rellies in UK) it's SOoooooo cheap to eat in OZ"...Thats when we were throwing around holiday pounds stirling like there was no tomorrow.

Now it's 'home brands' all the way....
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:12 pm

Ditto..."OMG everyone (telling rellies in UK) it's SOoooooo cheap to eat in OZ"...Thats when we were throwing around holiday pounds stirling like there was no tomorrow.

Now it's 'home brands' all the way....
Yep Coles farmland
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yep Coles farmland
Reckon we should start a support group, for those affected by home brand mediocrity.....

Can't remember anything in the brochure about eating products in plain red and white packaging, can you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.