Sausages & Chocolate

Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sausages & Chocolate

I remember having some great sausage in Perth

Cherry Ripes ooo I loved them
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:22 am
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Just for the record, we thought the sausages in OZ were as nice or nicer than sausages in the UK. We didn't buy anything expensive, just the normal things from Woolworths.

Also the chocolate tasted good as well, didn't eat too much of it but what we had was enjoyed by all.
I prefer Aussie chocolate-by far
I prefer English sausages by a long shot-why arent there cumberland sausages in Oz.
And obviously UK Bacon is better
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:05 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
As others said, it is different, find a substitute. But don't expect sausages to be either pork or beef and that is it. They must have been watching Kel on Kath and Kim cos everything is a blend. There seem to be lots of chicken sausages and plain is not common. Try chicken with garlic and curry etc etc. I will!!!
Ummmmmmmm ages since I had a chicken sausage, forgot they exist
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:42 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Unycorne
ooooh and as for the chocolate - the cadbury triple layer with mint.......for those in the UK and apparently its not there is a milk choc base with white choc and then a mint choc topping...umm yummy......
Sounds yummy! We are here on our reccie trip at the moment, so defo gonna look out for some of that!
As for food in general, personally i think its nice to look for something slightly different. I get a bit bored of doing the same shop each week in England.
The kids haven't complained yet either, so the food can't be that bad!

Lynn
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:53 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Actually this thing about chocolate I dont quite get. Woolworths, for example, stock about every sort of Cadburys chocolate bar the world has ever seen and other international brands.

Sausages I cant comment on as I dont eat them or other dead animal things :P
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Actually this thing about chocolate I dont quite get. Woolworths, for example, stock about every sort of Cadburys chocolate bar the world has ever seen and other international brands.

The thing about chocolate is that UK and Aus chocolate tastes different - partly because of the amount of cocoa put in. So a Mars Bar made in the UK will have a different taste to a Mars Bar made in Aus. They change the amount of cocoa cos it stops the Aussie stuff melting so fast. Also the milk and the grass affect the taste - if you are eating a block (like Dairy Milk) you may be able to taste the difference between Hobart-made Cadburys, and Victoria-made.
(all info courtesy of Cadburys in Hobart!!)
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Also the milk and the grass affect the taste - if you are eating a block (like Dairy Milk) you may be able to taste the difference between Hobart-made Cadburys, and Victoria-made.
Wooohooo I'm gonna live next door to the factory
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:31 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by possoms
Wooohooo I'm gonna live next door to the factory
You better start posting on the fat birds thread now then.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
You better start posting on the fat birds thread now then.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:24 am

How are you find the range of "Veggie Meals" over in Oz?

I have been over whelmed over here with the range of vegetarian options (UK that is), Quorn is actually very nice and in trying to be healthier use this a fair bit in my meal prep.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:43 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
How are you find the range of "Veggie Meals" over in Oz?

I have been over whelmed over here with the range of vegetarian options (UK that is), Quorn is actually very nice and in trying to be healthier use this a fair bit in my meal prep.
What veggie meals are those then ?

Seriously the range is a lot less than the UK, understandably so due to market forces. I like Tofu (I know there has to be one) but we dont have quorn or anything which "replaces" meat in traditional dishes.

Its not a massive problem given that the range of veggies, fruit and other fresh produce. We eat more salads then ever. There are some small handful of Soy products available but they are pretty naff but I always found that in the UK as well.

Restauarants generally cater very well indeed and the quantity of Asian restauarants (Thai etc) make it very easy as they like nothing better than making delicious veggie options it seems.

Learn something new about chocolate every day! Never thought there could be such variety regionally depending on where its manufactured.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:28 am

What veggie meals are those then ?
Yep a distinct lack of choice in the supermarkets to what I found here in the UK, to make a meat loving man like my other half eat healthier non-meat food I have found Quorn a boon.

Its not a massive problem given that the range of veggies, fruit and other fresh produce. We eat more salads then ever. There are some small handful of Soy products available but they are pretty naff but I always found that in the UK as well.
Miss eating veggies/fruit/salad, this British weather makes you want to eat choccy all day

I used to work for Sanitarium and I could never get into their soy products.

Restauarants generally cater very well indeed and the quantity of Asian restauarants (Thai etc) make it very easy as they like nothing better than making delicious veggie options it seems.
Mouth now watering, miss a good Thai meal
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:33 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The thing about chocolate is that UK and Aus chocolate tastes different - partly because of the amount of cocoa put in. So a Mars Bar made in the UK will have a different taste to a Mars Bar made in Aus. They change the amount of cocoa cos it stops the Aussie stuff melting so fast. Also the milk and the grass affect the taste - if you are eating a block (like Dairy Milk) you may be able to taste the difference between Hobart-made Cadburys, and Victoria-made.
I prefer the taste of aussie choc.

Have my supply of caramel tim tams to keep me going plus a mate is bringing me back a box of cadburys picnic from oz which I love (bizarre cos I dont like the english version). Cherry ripe and burger rings I miss at the mo.

I miss my healthy chicken burger that I used to get from a health store just up the road from Bondi, nothing in the uk to compare
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:35 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Just for the record, we thought the sausages in OZ were as nice or nicer than sausages in the UK. We didn't buy anything expensive, just the normal things from Woolworths.
A contradiction in terms everything in woolworths is expensive.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
A contradiction in terms everything in woolworths is expensive.
Yep, I hated paying $1 a kilo for lovely bananas, and those massive prawns for the barbie (6 for about $2 or $3) were a right ripoff, so not everything is expensive!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.